curiousgeorge
ShrimPman

Apples or Oranges? I pick apples..

curiousgeorge

Pro

I say apples are better than oranges because they are crunchy, and grow in giant orchards..And have lots of fiber, and come in all sorts of colors...
ShrimPman

Con

Apples do not even compare to oranges. Oranges are better on so many levels Florida even has them on there license plates. The flavor of an apple is so bland compared to the orange. You argue that apples are better because they have giant orchirds well so do oranges and orange orchirds are so much more beautiful to look at than an apple orchird....
curiousgeorge

Pro

Apples are big and shiny and beautiful to look at...it is obvious that you've got some kind of sweet tooth if you think oranges taste better..apples are very tasty and not as sweet as oranges, which I enjoy. I've come across bland oranges, sometimes they have no flavor at all...and they are only one color. Boring....apples are also good for digestion.
ShrimPman

Con

Well I believe Oranges are better than apples because they make my favorite hangover medicine which is a cool glass of orange juice after a long hard night of drinking...also oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C they provide 20% of your daily recommened value...They are also good sources of Folic Acid, Potassium and Thiamine.
curiousgeorge

Pro

All valid points, but I forgot to mention that apples are well known in the worlds history as 'the forbibben fruit', which makes them famous. Ive never heard of any famous oranges..also, apples dont upset acid reflux like oranges do...and apples house many many worms, and apples can be whittled into pipes..which shows that they have many uses..
ShrimPman

Con

You are right apples have many uses and are known as the forbidden fruit which is exactly what they should be forbidden...

but an orange is one of the best fruits for eating raw and juicing...It has a great range of uses, from an ingredient in salads and frozen desserts to marmalade, pastry making, and cooking, including using the peel to extract essential oil...Orange flower water is distilled from the tree blossoms, and is used in Indian cooking...The fruit and its grated zest can be added to punch and cakes as a garnish, and segments are also served with seafood... Bitter oranges are used to make marmalade, jam, jelly, syrup, and sauce... Their bitter zest lends the hint of orange to the alcoholic liqueurs Cura´┐Żao, Cointreau, and Grand Marnier.

Oranges are available year-round, even though they are traditionally a winter fruit...Oranges keep well in the refrigerator for two weeks, and the zest from oranges can be frozen.

Sweet oranges are used chiefly for juicing or eating...They include the Valencia, Navel, and Temple oranges...The Navel orange, which is grown in California, is considered an eating orange, since its sweet pulp tends to turn a little bitter when the juice is exposed to air...Valencia oranges are enjoyed for both eating and juicing, although commercially the Valencia is considered the best juicing orange...An orange hybrid bearing an orange and red rind with red flesh is called blood orange...The Temple orange, named after the man who created it, is a flavorful orange-tangerine hybrid...Bitter oranges, also known as Seville oranges, are named after the Spanish city of the same name. They are seldom seen in markets and are used chiefly for marmalade or for their peel (in liqueurs).

ORANGES
-Strengthen the immune system
-Lower cholesterol
-Prevent inflammation
-May lower risk of heart disease and stroke
-May help prevent cancer

http://thirdage.com...

Also I just wanted to add that eating apples are annoying because you have to eat around the core. Whereas with oranges you just peel it and eat it. Oranges are more sanitary too because as you said earlier apples are homes for worms well sorry but I don't want worms in my fruit.. You can also eat oranges without washing them off because of the protective skin they have. When you eat an apple you also have to worry about all of the things that have touched it before you decided to eat it because you eat the outside skin of an apple...

The End sorry to drag on so long but I cannot stand apples......
Posted by person_16 9 years ago
person_16
I see.
ajdhfuaheadhfuaherjhdfjhdufhe
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
whoops did it twice 12345
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
The fact that you have to do all the things you listed to make apple juice is the point I was trying to make. Sorry I wasn't more detailed in my point. I was wrong in my assumption that you would get the point that you can't squeeze juice out of apples like you can oranges.
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
The fact that you have to do all the things you listed to make apple juice is the point I was trying to make. Sorry I wasn't more detailed in my point.
Posted by person_16 9 years ago
person_16
Well duh, sadolite, you don't squeeze apple juice! You core, peel, and use a special machine to crush them.

As for fruits, I prefer tomato. And yes, in some cases tomato can be considered a fruit. It grows like a fruit, but most of the time eaten like a vegatable. Or something like that...
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
All very convincing arrguments, but I have 3 orange trees in my back yard. And I can tell you fresh squeezed orange juice off a tree is the juice of the gods. I buy apples at the store, and I'm tellen you right now, trying to squeeze jucie out of apple makes a big mess. It breaks all apart and you have a hole bunch of little pieces to contend with. I'm going to have to go with oranges.
Posted by curiousgeorge 9 years ago
curiousgeorge
Odd how Kleptin comes out of nowhere?
Posted by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
If it were bad to comment during a debate, comments wouldn't be allowed in the debate process.
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
I generally browse most of the topics that are debated here.
Posted by curiousgeorge 9 years ago
curiousgeorge
Thank you for an educational debate...Ive got to turn in..but we will meet again..
Vote Placed by emily123456789 9 years ago
emily123456789
curiousgeorgeShrimPmanTied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
curiousgeorgeShrimPmanTied
Vote Placed by beem0r 9 years ago
beem0r
curiousgeorgeShrimPmanTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
curiousgeorgeShrimPmanTied
Vote Placed by bluemooncowza 9 years ago
bluemooncowza
curiousgeorgeShrimPmanTied