imabench
retroman000

'Approval of Congress' should be classified as a mental disease

imabench

imabench

Pro

For those of you a little confused, 'Approval of Congress' is a very rare condition that some people contract when they approve of the job Congress is doing..... You probably didnt know this since most people dont know that there are people who approve of the job Congress is doing.....

I shall argue that 'Approval of Congress' should be classified as a mental disease and all people who approve of Congress's performance shall be deemed as insane and be put into mental hospitals until their condition is cured.
retroman000

Con

I will argue against Pro's assertion of "Approval of Congress" being classified as a mental disease. Note that I will use previous examples of Congress' performance, and not just the current Congress (although the 5% who do think this one is doing well likely have many actual mental disorders).
imabench

Pro

"Note that I will use previous examples of Congress' performance, and not just the current Congress"

Thats fine as long as its reasonably recent..... Like anything before Kennedy is pretty unreasonable.

Reasons why people who approve of the job Congress has done recently should be classified as having a mental disease

1) People who approve of Congress match all the symptoms of people who have a mental disease.

A mental disease is basically a disease of the mind where the psychological state of someone who has emotional or behavioral problems serious enough to require psychiatric intervention. One mental disease in particular, called psychosis, is a severe mental disorder characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality

Now, people who think Congress is doing a good job clearly either have no contact with reality, or they are retarded, which is another type of mental disease.

Basically, If You approve of Congress's job -> You are detached from reality -> You have a form of Psychosis -> You have a mental disease

2) The statistics line up in favor of the Resolution

About 1 out of every 4 Americans suffer from a mental disease: http://www.thekimfoundation.org...
Only about 1 in every 20 people even approve of Congress in the first place:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

The sheer number of Americans who have some kind of mental disease implies that those who approve of Congress already have some kind of mental disease. If the number of people who approve of Congress already have mental disorders, then approval of Congress itself could very easily be classified as a mental disease

3) Psychiatrists are concerned about those who do approve of Congress

profesional psychiatrists themselves think that those who approve of Congress may have mental disorders. One psychiatrist went on the record at the White House saying

“We’re not entirely sure who these people are or where they come from—perhaps they are psych ward patients, or unstable recluses living in remote huts on the outskirts of society—but what we do know is that they are extremely disconnected from reality and in need of immediate attention if they are not already receiving it. We need to find these people and get them the help they need before their illnesses get worse.”

http://www.theonion.com...

So those are my arguments for why the Approval of Congress should be classified as a mental disease

- 1 - People who approve of Congress are likely disconnected from reality, a characteristic of mental diseases
- 2 - There are already an a**load of Americans who suffer from mental diseases
- 3 - Psychiatrists are concerned for those who do approve of Congress, and believe that they need professional help.
retroman000

Con

retroman000 forfeited this round.
imabench

Pro

You whore
retroman000

Con

retroman000 forfeited this round.
Posted by retroman000 3 years ago
retroman000
I apologize profusely, but my parents decided to abruptly take a visit to a family friend who lives quite the distance away, so I'm staying the night at a friend's house. He let me use his laptop, but I have my argument saved onto my computer at home. I won't be able to effectively make an argument in only the last round, so vote Pro. That and I realize now the futility of arguing against something with such evidence for it. Even The Onion vouches for it. Anyway, vote Pro. And #swagattack.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
You're missing the definition of it dingus
Posted by Weiler 3 years ago
Weiler
If 'Approval of Congress' is a mental disease, why does B. Hussein Obama keep seeking it?
Posted by Dragonfang 3 years ago
Dragonfang
Wait, you saying the congress is working? I never noticed.

People who are suppose to be adults acting like children is not rationally approvable. At least a lower form of delusion.
Posted by Khaos_Mage 3 years ago
Khaos_Mage
I take you on!!!
Posted by fnarkchang 3 years ago
fnarkchang
wtf
Vote Placed by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
imabenchretroman000Tied