RevNge
Malacoda

April DDO Music Tourney Round 1: RevNge vs. Malacoda

Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point
Started: 4/12/2015 Category: Music

RevNge

Pro

This is a music debate for the April DDO Music Tourney. Here is the link to the official thread: http://www.debate.org...

Tournament Rules (taken from PM):

Contestant Guidelines:
1. Any type of instrument/vocals are permitted; however, you may not edit your videos to add additional elements that you did not legitimately perform. Audio and visual enhancement are, of course, allowed, but crossovers, mashups, autotune, etc. are prohibited.
2. You may not ask judges to vote for you.
3. There are no specific length requirements for your songs. Be mindful of the duration, however.
4. If your songs include lyrics, make certain that there is no excessively inappropriate material (e.g. cursing: a couple of words are acceptable, but rants riddled with such are not allowed).
5. Other than this, there is really no restriction in what you select to play.
6. Do not complain about the votes the judges give you.
7. You (yes you) must be the only one performing the song.
8. Failure to uphold any of these rules may result in a deduction of points or disqualification, depending on the severity.

Judge Guidelines:
1. You are required to vote on at least two out of the four matchups in each round. Failure to do so may get you replaced as a judge.
2. The voting criteria is as follows: The voting criteria is as follows. Arguments: General performance. Sources: Difficulty of the song. S&G: Expression. Conduct: Interpretation. If you do not know what musical expression and interpretation is, then please don"t act as if you know what you"re talking about in your RFD and just leave it blank. You are welcome to ask questions in your group PM if you wish, however.
3. If you feel as if your vote may be biased, please notify me prior to the voting period of the debate which you feel as you will be biased on.
4. Please do not make any biased votes.
5. Failure to uphold the above rules could result in your immediate replacement as a judge, depending on the severity.

First round is acceptance only. Good luck, Malacoda, and please notify me in the tournament PM if you have any problems with the format of the debate.
Malacoda

Con

After much deliberation, I have decided to accept.
RevNge

Pro

I apologize to my opponent, but I will not be able to post my piece right now due to my parents not letting me record myself while playing. I will submit the link in the comments as soon as possible and request that my opponent re-post it in his round along with his own song.

Sorry for the inconvenience (m8).
Malacoda

Con

Malacoda forfeited this round.
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
LOL nac
Posted by Malacoda 2 years ago
Malacoda
I am too. We'll have to restart the debate. S'all good.
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
I'm at school right now. ;-;
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Oh shizzles. Would 3 PM mountain time be okay?
Posted by Malacoda 2 years ago
Malacoda
Ultimatum for Rev: I need you recording at 12:00 Mountain Time or I will be forced to post without you.
Posted by Malacoda 2 years ago
Malacoda
Whenever is fine m8
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Okay, I tried recording today...

...but it won't upload. YouTube and Vimeo would just stop uploading the video. I'll have to re-do it tomorrow. Will that be all right for you m8?
Posted by EndarkenedRationalist 2 years ago
EndarkenedRationalist
To the surprise of no one, Rev forfeits again.
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Thx m8
Posted by Malacoda 2 years ago
Malacoda
No prob m8.