General_Smiley
jo154676

Aquaman is actually a good superhero

General_Smiley

Pro

20 reasons why Aquaman is good
Aquaman 20 reasons
1 Has the whole army of Atlantis
2 skin that cant be penetrated
3 trident that kills superman
4 can go on land
5 stronger in brute strength then batman
6 telekinesis
7 controls water
8 can move things with his brain
9 can control fish and aquatic life
10 can make things into ice
11 able to change aliens minds
12 amazing aim
13 has advanced technology compared to bruce Wayne Wayne.
14 used to being in water so gravity is less on him making him agiler and maybe even able to jump really high
15 trained in very tricky and strong martial arts
16 magic
17 pretty much has impenetrable armor
18 superman sides with Aquaman on over than batman or martian manhunter
19. Dolphins that are also trained in fighting and can jump high as well as speedy
20 has taken out many if the bad aliens by himself and his sidekick
21 doesn't have a stupid orange and green costume anymore.
jo154676

Con

A good superhero is one that saves people from an evil villain. But aquaman outside of the water has no powers and when he is on land where people need to be saved he is barely even a superhero, never mind a good one. If there were more conflicts in the water then you would have a point. They could make a good movie with him featuring aqua aliens that have gills.
General_Smiley

Pro

Ok, you are really stupid Aquaman can go out of the water first of all look at any comic book that has Aquaman in it. He can control water. He killed superman outside of water. So your argument is invalid. Furthermore, he has killed many and even tricked the justice league many times. He also has some of the largest muscles for the remote justice league
jo154676

Con

I never said he can't go on land, I just said that when he is on land he sucks. Ok controlling water is such a crappy power, water can't even kill anybody. He has killed many, and he is still a superhero, but in terms of superhero tiers he is middle at best. He is not a better superhero than batman, superman, or wonder woman. (https://assets.ec.quoracdn.net...) Largest muscles doesn't really mean anything when you are dealing with superhumans who can shoot lasers out of their eyes.
General_Smiley

Pro

I agree that he is not the best superhero, but he still has the capability to kill superman as well as kill many of the justice league. Outside of water doesn't really make him any worse. All of his powers work outside of water just as good as they do in water so being outside of water really doesn't faze him. Also, there is still water circulating around him in the sewers in the water pipes. So that might make him just the slightest bit more powerful. In the comics, he killed superman and so of the other justice league members villains that they were incapable of killing. All in all, he may not be the best superhero, but he is a good one(like the debate states).
jo154676

Con

The writers have been making a conscious effort as of late to make him more relevant, that I cannot deny, but to classify him as a good superhero is a bit out of line in my opinion. I feel that he is a mediocre superhero because most of the conflicts that superheros have to deal with are on land where he is noticeably weaker, as the picture I inserted from the comic shows. In the comics he did kill superman one time but he also had to get rescued by the justice league because he was too weak. He is not stronger than superman, wonder woman, or batman, therefore I would not classify him as a good superhero. He is not the worst superhero (hawkgirl) but he is not a good one either.
Posted by General_Smiley 1 year ago
General_Smiley
If we were debating whether he is one of the greatest superheroes that would be a completely different story you would beat me hands down, but we are debating whether he is a good superhero or not. So really if DC thought he wasn't worth being in the largest or most powerful justice league then they would not have put him in.
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
Exactly my point, on land where all of the real action happens he sucks.
Posted by madness 1 year ago
madness
20 reason why Aqua man is good in the water*