Aquaman is an awesome Superhero.

I will be arguing that Aquaman is an awesome superhero.

First round=acceptance.

aqua man is the farthest thing from an awesome superhero, all he can do is swim around and poop in the water

I hate to be offensive, but Con's first statement saddens me. It lacks enough ideas to actually form an argument and is full of miss-representations and falsities. However, I shall counter it and provide some actual evidence to back-up the statement of my own.

I. Con argues that all Aquaman can do is "swim" and "poop" in the water. This is completely untrue. First of all, Aquaman can walk. He can talk, breathe, crawl, all human actions, kick some serious butt, not to mention "peeing".

II. Let us take a look at Aquaman's said abilities, as provided by (And yes, it is word-for-word)
Atlantean Biological Adaptation: The Atlanteans are an offshoot of humanity that is biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. For most Atlanteans, this means that can breathe underwater, endure the pressures of the deep (among other adaptations), and can only spend a very limited time out of water. He also possesses superhuman levels of strength, speed, endurance and durability, all by-products of his body being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths. Although other Atlanteans possess similar adaptations, Aquaman's royal lineage makes him a super-Atlantean as well as super-human, and as such he has greater physical capabilities than does a typical Atlantean.

Amphibious Nature: Aquaman, as an Atlantean, can breath underwater and on land. He can be immersed indefinitely without suffering any ill effects but being super-Atlantean due to his royal lineage, he can survive on land longer than an average Atlantean. This length can be extended by the humidity in the atmosphere but eventually prolonged dehydration will weaken him thus he must return to aquatic enviroment at various period.

Enhanced Sight: His ability to see in the murky depths of the ocean allows him exceptional night vision while on land. He has claimed that his eyes are adapted to see at 6,000 fathoms (or 36,000 feet below the surface of the water).

Enhanced Hearing: Several times more acute than human capacity.

Enhanced Smell: Several times more acute than human capacity.

Superhuman Strength: Aquaman possesses superhuman strength on the order of 150 times human maximum, but his strength is always underrated, considering the company that he keeps. His strength is more than a match for most barriers such as wood, metals, brick or concrete walls. Only extremely durable metal reinforced barriers, have any chance of slowing him for any length of time. Aquaman frequently displays feats of Super-Atlantean (the average Atlantean can lift/press approximately 2 tons) and Superhuman strength. While not on par with Superman, he has proven capable of performing standing high jumps of 4 stories (both on land and from water), lifting and throwing a tank (at least 25 tons), and even managed to hold out for an incredible length of time against Wonder Woman in combat. His strength would appear somewhat dependent on how hydrated he is as he was capable of lifting a considerable chunk of a city block in Sub-Diego, and has proven capable of shifting an oil rig platform which would weigh thousands of tons as well.[

There are obviously many more, but I will not be posting any more of them this round for the sake of this long (5 round) debate and this long argument.

And here is a video you may wanna watch, Con:

Do you still think that Aquaman isn't awesome?

yep, an awesome superhero would be able to save people on all terains

Con has made a shockingly poor argument, without providing strong enough proof/evidence/points, and doesn't counter any of my points directly. This is all he says, and I quote,

"yep, an awesome superhero would be able to save people on all terains".

Can you believe this, my fellow DDO members? He has completely misunderstood said superpowers and just blasts out whatever he wanted to. This is not how you debate, devildog. Aquaman can save people on ANY terrain, land or sea. Did you not notice that? Aquaman has been on land ALL the time, in fact he is probably on land a lot more than he is in the sea, what with all his Justicem League membership and that. I will now state more powers as I said last round.

Superhuman Endurance: Aquaman possesses strength and stamina that allows him to swim up to 150 mph for at least a 4 hour period without significant breaks for rest or recuperation.

Superhuman Durability
: Aquaman's enhanced physiology enables him to withstand impacts that would kill and ordinary human, and critically injure an average Atlantean. He has been seen in ocean depths as deep as 20,000 feet (3.79 miles) below the surface of the water.It seems that Aquaman has been able to travel as deep as 36,000 feet (6.82 miles) considering that he claims that his eyes have been adapted to see at that depth. He is not completely durable against large fire arms, but is able to take a direct hit by small arms fire without incapacitation. Regular bullets are shown to make him bleed but otherwise glance off his thick skin.

Energy-Heat Resistance: Aquaman is extremely resistant to energy/heat based attacks as he has with stood multiple blasts from Amazo's heat vision, Black Manta's heat beams, and energy blasts from an OMAC.

Superhuman Speed: Aquaman's regular speed is approximately 100mph swimming underwater, although slightly less on the surface. In times of distress this has shown to drastically increase, and he has reached 1,000 knots.

Superhuman Reflexes: While no speedster, Aquaman's reflexes are superior to even near metahumans such as Deathstroke the Terminator, and his reflexes are on the order of 12-15 times faster than a normal human. Aquaman is probably the greatest swimmer in the world.

Marine Telepathy: Aquaman has the ability to communicate directly with sea life and has done so throughout most of his life. Lately he possesses a greater range of control that can actually force sea creatures to obey his whims. Currently, he requests their assistance and they comply. He has chosen to continue to request since, if he forces them to comply, they will ultimately lose respect for him. He now also has access to a quantum field phenomenon called "the Clear". "The Clear" quantum phenomenon has been observed with the subject called the Swamp Thing who called it the Green or the Morphogenic Field of Animal Man (also called the Red). Aquaman is also an accomplished telepath in general and can perform such telepathic feats as mind to mind communication, mind probes, mental domination of a non-aquatic mind, and mental attacks. The potency of such mental domination is unclear but he has been seen to use his powers to great effect against the White Martians and Doctor Polaris.

Access to the Clear: Aquaman has the ability to sense the primal emotions of aquatic creatures through "The Clear". The Clear seems to function as a universal consciousness of all sea life. Via it he can communicate or command sea life on the other side of the planet. He can see what they see and much more what he is only beginning to realize. He can also push his telepathic powers to reach out to the higher land creatures to find that element of their brains that was once an aquatic dwelling creature. This may account for Aquaman's facility with language.

Superhuman Equilibrium

Now for his abilities. Instead of bolding them and providing large descriptions, I will just show them:
-Master Swimmer
-Expert Combatant
-Expert Tactician
-Accomplished Diplomat

I just don't really appreciate aquaman

This time, again, I will show Con's embarassing, absurd argument, and I quote:

"I just don't really appreciate aquaman".

This is not even an argument, this is a sentence, carrying simple beliefs and thoughts that aren't even true, just like all his other arguments have been. Con, do you understand the definition of the word "appreciate"? Let's see if you do:

1.Recognize the full worth of.
2.Be grateful for (something).

Con, if you are going with definition 1, then you need to provide solid, valid, and counter-able arguments that actually make sense as to why you don't recognize the full worth of Aquaman. If you are going with definition 2, then I wonder why you are. No one should be grateful for Aquaman because he isn't real. The only thing we can be grateful for about Aquaman is the entertainment that his comics and TV-appearances have brought us.

That's enough about definitions. What Con needs to realize is that he is not debating. He is simply just typing more and more useless sentences while I take up my time actually debating and providing multiple paragraphs.

Since Con has not provided any counter-able arguments, or thereby rebute in a solid way, I am only saying this for this round. Do better next time, Con. I expect at least that much.

aquaman sucks

Good reasoning, bro (sarcastic).

Would you like to make useFUL point to put along with that useLESS response?

I just don't like aquaman
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
You don't say?
Posted by HorseGirl64 3 years ago
No means to offend but he is just a comic book character...
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
There ya go!
Posted by PiningForASilverLining 3 years ago
I'd say not being susceptible to drowning is pretty awesome, He could also search the ocean for buried treasure and become uber rich
Vote Placed by Dragonfang 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Pro was willing to engage in this debate. While con had no remote debate mentality. Imagine what he will do if he had mind-control powers... Spelling & Grammar: Pro managed to provide a grammatically correction structure, and maintained an organized and professional manner... Although the text Con provided is a fraction of the text presented by Pro. Con made incorrect, irrational and vague arguments. He seems to expect that by providing us with an extremely subjective opinion he is capable of rationaly convincing anyone. While Pro showed that Aquaman is an awesome character in comparision to numerious comicbook characters and is to be feared and respected. Con provided... Zero resources! Nada! Props for that. However, you lose a point. On a side note, Aquaman was one of the worst comicbook characters ever, but after the reboot he is not to be laughed at any longer.