ajayajayaj
Aree_Vanier

Arduino is better than the Raspberry Pi

ajayajayaj
Started: 5/5/2014 Category: Technology

ajayajayaj

Pro

I think all of the Arduino products are better than the Raspberry Pi for many reasons that I will state in this debate.
Aree_Vanier

Con

I disagree and feel that the pi is better for numerous more reasons than the arduino microcontroller
ajayajayaj

Pro

I think that the Arduino is better than the Raspberry Pi because, when you building small circuits, the GUI on the raspberry pi is useless and can slow the process down/ use more power. This can be a problem especially when you are building circuits that require batteries and to be on 24/7.
Aree_Vanier

Con

Though the GUI may sometimes be useless, it allows you to get some programs and also to save multiple files to the device, so you can open them in a chain, instead of uploading one sole file to the device, also, the Pi uses the rather well-known python programming language, whereas arduino has it's own new language.
ajayajayaj

Pro

Yes, Python is a well-known programming language, the Arduino language is fairly easy to get used to and has many great built in functionalities made for I/O. It also includes great examples of circuits and programs that go with it. You can see some here http://arduino.cc.... Arduino also has a wide variety of different products to choose from depending on your needs (cost, performance, etc,). There are also shields that can go on the Arduino. These extend the capability of your Arduino board. Arduino is also open source, meaning that any 3rd party company can make their own accessories and boards even!
Aree_Vanier

Con

Though the arduino microcontroller has many I/O options, the raspberry pi has 8 or more (I've only ever used 8) 3V3 digital I/O pins and multiple 5V or 3V pins and two GND pins. The GPIO (General Purpose Input Output) pins can be easily transferred to a breadboard, any circuit board or any prototyping board using any 26 pin cable and a certain adapter. Also, Adafruit has a 13 tutorial overview of the Pi and numerous DIY projects posted by users the tutorials are at https://learn.adafruit.com... and the DIY projects are at https://learn.adafruit.com....
ajayajayaj

Pro

On Arduino there are many pins too. There are 14 digital pins which 6 provide PWM. PWM can bring analogue results to digital ports. Also there are some analogue pins and some other. You can see some examples about the boards here http://arduino.cc.... And again, the capability can be extended with shields. There are many shields. Some give Wi-Fi and some have built-in screens. Many are official but there are also third party shields.
Aree_Vanier

Con

Aree_Vanier forfeited this round.
ajayajayaj

Pro

Adding to my previous argument, you can find the shields and boards from them and trusted 3rd party companies here . In conclusion, I truly believe that the Arduino boards are better.
Aree_Vanier

Con

Aree_Vanier forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
ajayajayajAree_VanierTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeits. I think both sides presented enough of a case to judge, though in the end it seemed mostly to be appeals to subjectivity, none of which were compelling enough for me to award argument points. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.