Are America's days as a republic numbered numbered

Subject...Are America's days as a republic numbered...
America has been under attack since the days of Franklin D. Roosevelt's election to the presidency and his "New Deal."
Communists in Americas government, its educational institutions, even its religious organizations.
The United Nations has only sped up America's demise.
Immigrants flooding America, diluting the voices of the countries citizens.
America has become a nation which borrows money from other nations and can no longer be independent because of its servitude to foreign nations.
America's youth are being taught to loath America and its history, everything about America, its founders and even the countries flag are held in contempt along with the American soldiers who fought in defense of America. Abraham Lincoln once said this about the end on America," If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." Is America bent on committing "suicide," "Are America's days as a republic "

America is not going to disappear over night. While yes we are getting a huge amount of immigrants. but that dose not mean we will collapse. Now yeah our current administration has been more social, that dose not mean we will not be a republic soon. At this moment a lot of people here would not want a switch to happen. Stuff like this has happened before, and yet here we are still a republic.

Are America's days as a republic numbered ...." The very fact that this question is on the minds of many Americans today validates the thoughts expressed.
The citizens look around them at the conditions that prevail in this county and wonder if we are running out of time to govern ourselves or if America even has citizens of such a moral character as to be worthy of being placed in leadership positions.
The country has long been running on the foundations of principles laid down by our founding fathers but America's citizens have chosen their leaders without paying proper attention to what these leaders actually did in representing the people in the past,not what they claimed to be doing.
In the end, haven't the citizens of this country sank to such a level of turpitude that the leaders selected by them to represent them actually does represent the character of the citizens and they can't expect nor deserve any better than those they elect to office. " "We have met the enemy and he is us." Author unknown.
H.L. Mencken in his " NOTES on DEMOCRACY,"wrote this about the peoples representatives," Out of the muck of their swinishness the typical American law-maker emerges. he is a man who has lied and dissembled, and a man who has crawled. He knows the taste of boot-polish. He has suffered kicks in the tonneau of his pantaloons. He has taken orders from his superiors in knavery and he has wooed and flattered his inferiors in sense. His public life is an endless series of evasions and false pretences. He is willing to embrace any issue, however idiotic, that will get him votes and he is willing to sacrifice any principle, however sound, that will lose them for him....." Isn't this why""America's days as a republic....are.... numbered. Is America going to be like Babylon in the Bible...... Are we there now?

America will not fall apart any time soon. Now yes in the recent years we have had bad leader after bad leader but dose that mean we are doomed? I can answer that question and I think no. We have had great presidents before like Roland Reagan. Also you might think that we are slowly losing our freedoms. Which is somewhat true, but for now we will always have the Constitution and the bill of rights. So your main augment is that USA will fall because of a few bad presidents. I am sorry I just do not see that happening, at least not with out riots and fighting breaking out. Now yes we have lost some freedoms but that was for the greater good and, and we are starting to get them back. The USA has been though some rough patches bbut it can only get bet from here. Now t answer your final question will we be like Babylon. Well I do not know what will happen in the future but for now no.

Lookimgattheissues response to Con... stargate on under Misc. ...on June 7Th.2015
Con posted,"America will not fall apart any time soon. Now yes in the recent years we have had bad leader after bad leader but dose that mean we are doomed? I can answer that question and I think no..."

Lookingattheissues response: What is one of the major reasons a business fails and has to close its doors, it is because of bad management making bad decisions relating to the running of that business, a country under a series of bad management decisions will experience the same disastrous results.
Like any malignancy, bad presidents and bad representatives leads to the death of a nation. The prognosis for the nation can only be that it will only be a matter of time before the patient succumbs to the the lack of good management and treatment of the malady effecting the body. America's malignancy which can only lead to its demise as a republic is that the citizens have been too complacent and too excepting of those who they elected and were, in all too many cases, too busy running their own lives to involve themselves in the affairs of government. Oh, the American citizens may have complained amongst themselves at different times about the way government officials were managing the countries business but were willing to accept some minor attacks on their lives/ freedoms, figuring that they, as individuals, were too insignificant to effect any changes in the way the country was going and resigned themselves with the thoughts, "well, tomorrow, things will correct themselves when we elect new leaders to run the government and all will be well in the end.
But those new leaders chosen by the people have only built upon the progressive failed policies put in place by past leaders only hastening the countries inevitable collapse.
America's elite who are ensconced in positions of power in this country, such as America;s media, Education, its courts, and in Hollywood, have indoctrinated its citizens from the cradle to the grave with their leftist propagandizing to the point that the citizens now exhibit a hatred for their own country and this " learned," indoctrination has led to hatred of America's flag, its traditions, religion,and its history. A distinguished French writer, Jean Fraancois Revel wrote this about a countries citizens who loathed their country, he said this, " Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lacjk the energy and conviction to defend itself."
How long can a country survive when its citizens don't respect nor love their own country but instead loath it, and they long for the day when the government will be subverted and the Camelot, that comunists promised, will become a reality right here in America.

So you are saying due to bad mangment that the USA will soon fall apart. Now there are a lot a reasons why that simply is not true. We still have some good politicians, and our management will get better over time. Also you are saying that most Americans are to lazy to get involved in politics. That is correct to some extent, but it is not as bad as you are making it out to be. Also you are also saying Americans are starting to hate our nation. Now some people hate us we will still not fall because if that. Most Americans love the USA, I mean why woundn't we. The USA has been though hard times before, but we always live to tell the story. Also debt is not as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Most USA debt is not owned to other nations but to it's own people. I can tell you know the only way the USA will fall is if a massive war breaks out in our own country, and that simply will not happen. Now yes most Americans make fun of our own country but we love it all the same. When the time comes we can do anything. Things will only get better from here on out. The only reasons most Americans started to hate on the government has because of Obama, and he is leavening soon. Trust me no one wants us to fall if we fall then the world would take a hurting as a result. This country is now prefect we have problems but so dose every country. No government is perfect no matter how hard you try.
Posted by Mike_10-4 1 year ago
As you stated, "stealth changes." I rest my case.
Posted by Lookingatissues 1 year ago
Reply to Mike on
****Mike, posted to Lookingattheissues ...."First, the title is incorrect. Over the last hundred years, we are no longer a republic as defined by our founding Fathers. During the former president Woodrow Wilson's dynasty, the 17th Amendment effectively changed our republic in the direction of a democracy."
Russell Kirk, in his book, THE CONSERVATIVE MIND," wrote this about government," An aristocracy 'is a republic,' and so is a democracy; either in its pure form,is inimical to liberty...."
America's political leaders are members of the countries aristocracy,
"Bill and Hillary Clinton
Barack Obama
. John Kerry
Darrell Issa
Rep. Jared Polis,
Sen. Jay Rockefeller
Sen. Dianne Feinstein
Rep. Nancy Pelosi
Rep. Diane Black
Sen. Ron Johnson
Sen. Mitch McConnell
Benjamin Franklin A lady asked,"... "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" ... "A republic," if we ....can keep it."
The PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, "....and to the republic for which it stands..."
There have been stealth changes made in our government but there hasn't been an offical change in the Designation of our form of government as yet..
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
So it will be a tie, um....
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
I have just saw the I made on misstake on the last round when it said the " The USA is now prefect" I ment to say is not.
Posted by Mike_10-4 1 year ago
The titled of this debate is, "Are America's days as a republic numbered, numbered."

First let me say, I'm encouraged that folks your age are debating such a very important topic.

I will give both, you [stargate] and Lookingatissues a tie on this one.

First, the title is incorrect. Over the last hundred years, we are no longer a republic as defined by our founding Fathers. During the former president Woodrow Wilson's dynasty, the 17th Amendment effectively changed our republic in the direction of a democracy.

Even our "Electoral College" today, selects the president as a function of the popular vote.

Our republic's designed limits the people only to vote for their local member in the House of Representatives; not a Senator nor a President.

I encourage you both to read our Constitution. It is a very easy document to understand relative to today's average bills our Congress members seldom read before voting the bill into law.

In addition, the Federalist Papers provides background on our Constitution's design.

Also, there are lots of online free courses about the history and the founding of the US Constitution at Hillsdale College:

One of the few private Colleges not under the central control of the Department of Education in DC.

After reading the Constitution, the Federalist Papers and Hillsdale, you and your opponent will be in a position to debate a member on the Supreme Court.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
So did I convince you?
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
Well I will carry on with the debate, but Lookingatissues needs to post first. Also the president has always controlled the army. Also the army will never take control of the government.
Posted by Mike_10-4 1 year ago
Please then, carry on with the debate. Perhaps, you can convince me that we have a chance to turn things around. In fact, there are, what I called patriots who are not giving up. Those folks are commonly referred to Constitutional Conservatives. If you find any running for office, the best you can do is vote for them.

The genius of our founding Fathers gave the State legislatures to fix DC and reinstate the US Constitution, for the States have the right and power to do so according to the Constitution. We now have a chicken and egg scenario. If DC no longer follows the Constitution, the State legislatures may be blowing a lot of hot air, for DC controls the army.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
Now I know that our government is not prefect. But we still have more freedoms then most nations. We still have elements of a republic.
Posted by Mike_10-4 1 year ago

My Friend, you don't know how much I want to agree with you that we are still a republic.

Today's progressive liberals and many RINOs believe in big tyrannical government. The reality is, we are no longer free.

For example, there are so many laws on the books, on the average we commit 3 felonies a day.

As Lavrenti Beria, chief of Josef Stalin's secret police, once stated, "You bring me the man, I'll find you the crime."