ViceRegent
cheerio

Are Atheists Able to Know Reality from Delusion?

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings or other logical fallacies, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.

NOTE TO ALL YOU LOSERS POSTING COMMENTS. IF I DO NOT THINK YOU COMMENT ADD ANYTHING RATIONAL TO THE DISCUSSION OR I CANNNOT USE IT TO MOCK YOU, I DO NOT BOTHER RESPONDING
cheerio

Pro

What i will be arguing with is not science let me make that clear. Logic is not a science. It is rational thought. When atheists defend their claims the majority of them us a standard logic based argument. I agree that you can not use science to prove that god does not exist. How ever logic demands that the christian god does not exist. Now this does not mean there is not some higher entity out their. This just means that the god describe in the christian bible does not exist. There are three main points but i will start with one and go over the others in my later response. In the bible god is described to be Omnipotent: all powerful, Omniscient: all knowing, and omnibenevolent: all good. Now if god is all good than he must want evil gone. He is omniscient meaning he knows when and where evil will appear and how to stop is and he has the power to stop it. but evil exists. now you may argue that gods morals are not our own. And yet god created us in his image according to the bible which means our morals must have similarity to his according to the bible. the problem of evil is one main point against a CHRISTIAN GOD. Respond
ViceRegent

Con

So you rely on your reason? How do you know YOUR reason is valid?
cheerio

Pro

Let me put this right back at you. How do you know that your reason is valid. I am asking do you see flaws in my logic. If my reason is flawed than logic demands that all peoples logic must be possibly flawed. So before you point out that my reason is flawed, prove to me than your reason is undoubtedly valid. Do that and I will accept your argument that my reason is not valid and I can not trust it. Also 1.5 billion people agree with me. More than Christian's so I think I'll trust our reason
ViceRegent

Con

No red herrings, for they are irrational. Just answer the Q or lose the debate.
cheerio

Pro

It is not a red herring. A delusional person can not tell they are delusion. I am saying that there is no substantial scientific evidence for a Christian god. Now those are not my ideas. If you want to say I'm delusional or can't tell truth from fiction fine. But you are suggesting that all scientific evidence which has in some cases collected by machines. Machines are only able to emit the truth. They don't have delusions. What you are saying is insane. I am saying that if you can't tell truth from reality than don't go pointing fingers at others. You are a hypocrite and I will not argue with someone who can not prove that they are not experiencing the same delusion they call out others on saying. So say this. Prove to me that you can separate truth from fiction and I will concede that you can win. You theists are all the same. You have the same 12 arguments and refuse to listen to rationalle and logic.
ViceRegent

Con

Wow, not only did this fool not answer my Q, he persisted in irrationally changing the subject. He loses the debate and shall waste no more of my time. Bye, deluded fool.
cheerio

Pro

I hate theist because of this. theists. You are note even seeing what I am saying. I will probably win this because normal people see my god dang point. You are acting outright stupid. I know why. Deep inside you know you have lost. But you like all theists can't accept it. You retract acting like you are all high and mighty when in fact you have know idea what your talking about. You can't argue with fact and logic and reason so you say "oh you can't tell truth from fiction". None of us can. If we could we would all know whether the Bible is true or not. Their would be no divide. But you don't get that. Your just another theist using words to big for your small brain. So stop acting so ignorant and actually listen to what we say. I was a Christian for 13 years so I get it. But sometimes you have to listen to logical thinking and rational statements. Don't go back and post another exact same debat. You won't win.
Posted by canis 10 months ago
canis
Are theists Able to Know Reality from Delusion?...Yes... They just create a lot of gods...But otherwise..
Posted by missmedic 10 months ago
missmedic
What a stupid question, how is a delusional person to know if they are delusional. That would be like asking you, if you know how dumb you are, when it is clear you are to dumb to know.
http://www.patheos.com...
https://en.wikipedia.org...
Posted by What50 10 months ago
What50
Ahhhh not this again.
Posted by Surgeon 10 months ago
Surgeon
You have been exposed on this topic before. For example I have defeated you in this debate topic:
http://www.debate.org...

In order to deny the atheistic position I laid out before you, you have to assume my axioms are true and thus commit the fallacy of the stolen concept. You have consistently demonstrated your lack of epistimological knowledge. You have nothing to offer intellectually.
Posted by vi_spex 10 months ago
vi_spex
a question is, how are theists not deluded?