ViceRegent
jonahofdeath

Are Atheists Able to Know Reality from Delusion?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheists know truth from fiction?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
jonahofdeath

Pro

I will answer your question "But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction?" However, I have to ask, how can an atheist not articulate a rational way of thinking, especially one to know truth from fiction?

I would also like to ask why circular reasoning is not rational.

And would like to point out the skepticism in your ideas, as well as the fact that you are trying to ask a question that is nearly unanswerable.

I accept your debate, and wish for you to explain in greater detail of your claim to further progress the great ideas in this debate, especially because I am not necessarily certain which question you want answering.

ViceRegent

Con

Since this tool failed to answer my Q and instead introduced irrational red herrings. He loses the debate.
jonahofdeath

Pro

I'm not certain I understand. This is a debate website, not a questionnaire. I notice that your petty one-question interview has been posted on your account one too many times to just be here to debate and understand something, and if you can't understand this, you should probably leave this website. I have not done anything wrong in the ruling either.

In fact, I am pretty sure you lose the debate as well.

The fact is that you, for one whole round, said two sentences, which both had nothing to do with the original question yourself.

Your rules backfired on yourself, considering you are breaking them yourself. Whatever calling me a tool has to do with atheists being able to know reality from delusion, I will never know. However, because your rule "If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate" is a rule you have to follow as well, you lose this debate just as much as I do.

I would consider not posting this argument for the umpteenth time and make new debate topics, or you will seem like a judgmental, hypocritical idiot.

Good day.
Posted by imjustsomeopinion 6 days ago
imjustsomeopinion
dear vice regent,
you've set restrictions which you yourself have already violated by taking you belief that you can know reality from whatever religious source you chose. we perceive reality through our senses and all our senses allow us to live and function in this world, they are our only way of knowing things and finding out what is true and what is false, if you claim that you know what is real because your holy source says so, then you've already lost because your using your senses to interpret that message.