ViceRegent
WorstLife

Are Atheists Able to Know Reality from Delusion?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheists know truth from fiction?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
WorstLife

Pro

This offends me as a vegan transgender atheist who vapes and crossfits 4 times a week and im also a male feminist as I identify myself as a pastafarian apache helicopter dog mega multi combo god of hyper death and if you dont agree with me You're an ignorant arrogant globaphobic bigot sexist lesbian.
Posted by canis 6 days ago
canis
Atheist are made in god`s own image. Theist are the paperback version...A theist told me..
Posted by KhalifV 1 week ago
KhalifV
I would like to debate this with you in the future
Posted by missmedic 1 week ago
missmedic
What does it mean to be delusional?
A delusion is a false belief that is based on an incorrect interpretation of reality. A person with delusional disorder will firmly hold on to a false belief despite clear evidence to the contrary. Delusions can be caused by mental illnesses called psychoses. These include schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
That is the great thing about being delusional, is that you do not know that you are delusional.
http://psychcentral.com...
Posted by CaptainShiny 1 week ago
CaptainShiny
Though I think my favourite part of this argument is the fact that Con asks a question and then lists all the ways that people shouldn't answer it if they disagree.

It's not even providing much of an argument, either. It's basically just, "Here's my opinion, and I'll only argue it with someone who agrees with me."

Okay. We agree with you. Nothing anyone could say could ever hope to disprove your infallible reasoning. Here's your blue ribbon.
Posted by CaptainShiny 1 week ago
CaptainShiny
I think what this has ultimately proved is that vetting people before letting them accept the debate is a really good idea.
Posted by Heirio 1 week ago
Heirio
"Con made the dumbest statement I've heard since a long time:"

He is a troll.
Posted by vi_spex 1 week ago
vi_spex
thats the definition of atheism by a theist perspective
Posted by ZenekPr0 1 week ago
ZenekPr0
Con made the dumbest statement I've heard since a long time:

"If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. "

Con has it precisely backwards. If scientists believe that human reason is infallible and fully reliable, than we wouldn't do science. We would just think hard and come up with truth. We definitely wouldn't make experiments, and multiple tests. And we could forget peer revieved studies.

Science was made precisely because our minds aren't reliable enough. If you believed thhat your mind is fully reliable why would you bother to even check whether your inference corelates with reality?

Con continue then to make even stupider statement probably:

"Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational."

I can't help feeling Con is under strong illusion that he is somehow able to account for reason without simply presupposing its validity.

Con also says other stupid things. For example in his very first paragraph:

"Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction."

Why Con even start a debate if it seems obvious to everybody that he already know the answer?

Also what's the difference between atheista and theists? Is con going to argue that if you don't believe in god you can't know reality regardless of whether god actually exists or not? That's complete nonsense.
Posted by Heirio 1 week ago
Heirio
I haven't seen you for ages!
How's it been?!
Posted by Heirio 1 week ago
Heirio
Vice!
I've missed you man!!!