FoxTales
aradhel

Are Books Better Than Movies?

FoxTales has forfeited round #2.
Started: 9/24/2016 Category: Movies
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

FoxTales

Pro

Movies are better than books because you can see everything visually, and can follow the storyline even if you didn't watch the first movie of the series. Also, you can imagine everything all over and can explain the movie to you friends/family.
aradhel

Con

I accept the challenge and I hope for an interesting debate. There are many reasons why I believe that books are better than movies - my first being that you can use your imagination to visualise the characters and places how you want them, as fitting with the description. Whilst it is true that many films portray the characters very well, adhering to the descriptions made in the book, there are also a range of films that mess up the characters - be it to bad acting, bad costume/design or bad directing. I have included a list of nine films that were brilliant books but terrible movies

Additionally, books are a lot more descriptive and detailed. Whilst books and movies can both show you what is happening, even if movies miss a lot out due to limited screen time, books are much better at showing you how a person thinks or what they are feeling, meaning that by the end of the book you feel that you know the character well and can empathise with them.

I will include educational purposes of books in the next round as I feel that they are a major part of why books are better than films.

1) http://www.thetoptens.com...
2) http://www.cheatsheet.com...
Posted by BackCommander 1 year ago
BackCommander
"my first being that you can use your imagination to visualise the characters and places how you want them, as fitting with the description" and then you can argue with all of your friends about what they actually look like, no thanks. Movies give a face to the character, rather than every human who reads the book having an individual opinion on what the person looks like.
Posted by Lj884433 1 year ago
Lj884433
Reading a story is a lot better than watching a screen
Posted by moral10 1 year ago
moral10
Reading a story can improve your thinking skills .movies just give you a summary