alexis77
zeromeansnothing

Are Celebrity's getting payed too much?

Started: 9/29/2015 Category: Arts

alexis77

Pro

First of all i want to apologize for not be on here a lot been busy with school and other things, plus i read your comments and i was impressed. Now, i think celebrities are getting paid way too much. When they get off of the set or they are finished with a movie what do they get? Money! its all aabout the money! I think celebritys should get less money for there jobs! Plus too much money can go through peoples head.
zeromeansnothing

Con

Celebrities are paid according to their worth. There are no free lunches out there. If you disagree with this statement then go out there and try to become a celebrity. It takes alot of luck and hard work. Did you know that David and Becks are worth more than the Queen of England. More power to them. He was a footballer and she was a singer. These two people have a family and yet they are constantly in demand for promotions. They are at the top of the celebrity scale. Other 'celebrities' open shopping malls for a few bucks.

Why do these people get alot of money?
It is because they are 'good value' for it.

Ask yourself what products you have in your possession that were/are promoted by well known people. If they are earning too much it is because you are paying them. That's how capitalism, materialism, works. It's in the advertising budget.

Surely this is better than a complete 'non event' winning an astronomical amount of money in a National Lottery and deciding to build their own helicopter pad in their garden. What do you think?
alexis77

Pro

well I do agree to this but, sources say that they get paid because of how they look and how well they do I movies and I think that it is absolutely ridiculous how people are paid like that !! That's what I think
zeromeansnothing

Con

Have you ever tried to 'act'. It is a definite skill that few accomplish well. People pay to go to good films. Companies make big money on this stuff. It makes sense to go for the best. How many unsuccessful actors and actresses are there, working in restaurants and bars. Where am I missing your point? Many male/female actors/actresses are paid big bucks not because of their looks but rather because of their specific abilities. What do you think? Every time you watch a film you pay the wages for it's cast. They get what you pay them. If they are doing well then you probably are too.
alexis77

Pro

well I mean not an actress yet and I'm still in high school and I want to be an actress someday but I mean do people need all that money? No! I mean they just give money out to the people who looks hot and sexy and is skinny I mean they don't give a lot of money to black people either it is just wrong on so many level and a lot of black people don't get a lot of money.
zeromeansnothing

Con

The majority of people in the NBA and NFL are black.
Will Smith is black. The voice of God, ie Morgan Freeman is black. Bill Crosby is black
Witney Houston, Puff Daddy, etc etc were/are black etc etc etc.
Again you do not make a strong point

With regard to whether they need this amount of money or not 'the jury is still out'

Look at poor Michael Jackson attempting to support his Neverland creation. He ended up having to turn up for work every day ill and he died flat broke. He actually needed more money than he was given. Keep debating and you will improve. It is almost as difficult to kill an opinion within debate as it is to kill the person behind the opinion. My sister is a doctor and she tells me that people are generally very robust. Debating is difficult. I am just debating here and not overly concerned about the well being of our celebrity brethern. Well Done and keep making your points. I am old and gnarled like a tree beside the sea.
alexis77

Pro

well i mean i agree to that but i mean maybe Jackson wasn't getting the money because people were taking it!
zeromeansnothing

Con

Hi Alexis77,
It was nice to debate with you. As I said at the start 'There are no free lunches out there in the celebrity world.' Everyone ultimately pays their dues. In my generation it was Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, Jim Morrisson and finally Kurt Cobain. In your generation look at what happened to Witney's daughter, look what happened to Heath Ledger and Boyzone member Stephen Gately. There are many many tragic examples of this toll that is on the celebrity lifestyle out there. I would not want it for any money. Shows like XFactor etc nurture unrealistic ambition and envy in the hearts of young people without telling them the whole truth. Well done and good luck with your debating career. (Now, everybody, vote for me, give Alexis77, no votes)
alexis77

Pro

um like i said people get paid for how they look and what they wear and all hat stuff so.. yeah
zeromeansnothing

Con

Good Luck with the voting. You might need it.