PurpleVengence
wampe

Are Dragons (or have they ever been) Real?

PurpleVengence

Pro

Many people in the world have simply brushed off dragons as a myth. But... were they? Or maybe they're still alive today. Only one way to find out. Debate it.
wampe

Con

I accept the debate and thank Pro for offering it.

Just for clarity sake, I assume that the oxford dictionary definition will work.

"1 A mythical monster like a giant reptile. In European tradition the dragon is typically fire-breathing and tends to symbolize chaos or evil, whereas in East Asia it is usually a beneficent symbol of fertility, associated with water and the heavens." (1)

If not, please let me know what dictionary you would like to use.
PurpleVengence

Pro

PurpleVengence forfeited this round.
wampe

Con

As Pro has not produced an argument, I will pass it back over.
PurpleVengence

Pro

PurpleVengence forfeited this round.
wampe

Con

Closing
I see no reason to think dragons are or have been real. Pro has not put forth an argument for that position.
Posted by peederpan 2 years ago
peederpan
ofcorse they are real. i actually have a scale that i hold on to some times and say "I wish, I wish, with all my heart, to fly with dragons in a land apart." then suddenly im in dragon land with a pink dragon named cassie and a big blue one named ord. then to get back home i say "I wish, I wish, to use this rhyme, to go back home until next time".
Posted by PurpleVengence 2 years ago
PurpleVengence
Yes, we are speaking of the same thing.
Posted by wampe 2 years ago
wampe
I should have mentioned that we can remove "mythological" from the definition for the purposes of the debate. I'm just wanting to know we are talking about the same thing.