Are Enforced School Uniforms a Good Idea?

I, as the affirmative side, believe that enforced uniforms are a good idea.

State your opinion in first round.
NO DEFINITIONS in first round.
NO ARGUMENTS in first round.
ADD JOKES to first round. (hahaha)
SLEEP IN the bathroom.
Also, tell me how many debates you would like to have in the following Oct. 30 - Nov. 2. 3, 4, or 5

I believe that enforced uniforms are not a good Idea.

First round:
>no definitions
>no arguments
>add jokes (but I won't)

No one is sleeping in the bathroom

I believe that enforced uniforms are a good idea for the following reasons:
Uniforms, whethere one is enforced or not, help identify a school if, say, a student is lost. All uniforms are different which means there will be no confusion between this school or that. Also, there is the already implemented solution of identification cards as back.up.

Uniforms implement orderliness which makes the school and students look more presentable. This is taken against chaos.

This house still believes that enforced uniforms are not a good Idea because of the following reasons:

1.) Some uniforms are expensive:

In our society now one of the main problems we are facing is poverty. Money is scarce. As we all know, we all grow up. Parents are buying our needs in school or in our house. One of our needs if we go to school is our uniform. As time flows by we get bigger and bigger and bigger or better yet smaller. As children age their things also age just like the uniform. If a child is a toddler parents will buy a uniform, as the kid grows parents will buy another uniform which will be expensive. Imagine if you are in a family that has five or four kids parents need to budget to buy a uniform for the four kids or five kids. If this certain uniform is old they will buy again and again and again. For how many kids? four,five or higher, even if parents will ask help from the government do you expect the government to reply as quickly as possible? There are other problems that our community has to solve. That is why I believe that enforced uniforms are not a good idea.

2.) Why use uniforms when we can always use dress codes?

Compared to uniforms I think that having a dress code is more of what I can call a good Idea. If you will let me define uniform there is only one word I can compare it to and that word is "old-fashioned". The difference is big because in dress code you get to have a choice what you will wear today. Uniforms you will wear it everyday and its still the same, Same old plain colors. If you are worrying that some students may go overboard in their choices we can improvise a school rule whereas only limited stuff are only accepted. Like banning hair coloring or piercings and etc.

What I understood from my opponent is:

1.)orderliness or make someone look presentable

Well I can say that you are right, but, what is the use of being presentable if the clothing you are actually wearing is uncomfortable? Some may disagree on me with this one but its true. Some students don't feel comfortable in some uniforms because maybe there is something there that is new to them. There might be even something there that they are allergic to. As I said a while ago to avoid chaos we can use dress codes. Example is a school will make students wear blue, something that is blue so that it may not create chaos. There is only one color but you can have a choice on the design but it should not be sleeveless or showy.

And with that I rest my case.

Metalbutter forfeited this round.

muzic-chib1 forfeited this round.
Posted by muzic-chib1 3 years ago
srry for the wrong comments I will try harder not to offend anyone next time
Posted by muzic-chib1 3 years ago
i-accept ko yung debate pero bukas pa ako maka write and I won't sleep in the bathroom and I won't add jokes
Posted by muzic-chib1 3 years ago
hoy bastos i-erase mo yang comment mo
Posted by Metalbutter 3 years ago