WilliamSchulz
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Are North Korean people to be blamed for supporting Kim Jon Un?

BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

WilliamSchulz

Con

Thank you for accepting the debate. As the pro, you will be arguing that the North Korean people are to be blamed for supporting Kim Jon Un. Please support your evidence and opinions with sources and I will try to do the same. Sources can be at the end of the argument or at the end of the respective paragraph. The first round is for acceptance.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

Thanks for letting me accept your debate.

Kim Jong Un is the leader of their country, that's their man for their country not ours. Its just how their nation works, not ours. It's like asking should Americans be to blame for supporting Donald Trump. It is a ridiculous question, just be glad that you don't live in that country.

I'll make my point clear, if you don't live there, you don't need to worry about them, Trump will make out something against North Korea, like a war.

I await your next argument.
WilliamSchulz

Con

Thank you for accepting this debate, and I hope that it might spread new light to a modern day issue.

First off, North Korean people can not be blamed for supporting Kim Jong Un. Despite the fact that there are 25 million people, only a handful of them actually know about the outside world and how we are responding to them. Kim Jong Un has been a despicable, yet successful dictator on the fact that he has brainwashed the people into doing exactly what he wants them to do. The people who do know about us are too afraid to challenge Kim's leadership for fear of a death sentence. For instance, a secluded trip to NK depicted images of Kim Jong Un on statues and posters, with some propaganda calling the US the "great white devil." Therefore, NK citizens can not be blamed as they have no clue about the world around them except for the one they live in.

To respond to some of my opponent's points, he completely ignored the debate's purpose for Pro, which was to state that NK citizens are at fault. He instead picked a path of isolation, namely that Kim is the leader of his own country and we should be glad we don't live there. To respond, we should absolutely worry about North Korea. If we weren't worried, then why is all the news following NK-US relations after the G-20 summit. The exchange of words between Trump and Kim has increaced to a point where nuclear war is a real possibility. For that reason, we shouldn't wait for something to happen to North Korea, we should turn the people on themselves by showing them the news and real world so that they feel controled and isolated because of the government.

Good luck in the next round for Brian.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 4 days ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@WilliamSchulz Koreans are okay to love their country, but they should die, OK?
Posted by WilliamSchulz 1 week ago
WilliamSchulz
(internally contains laughter)
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 week ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Your an idiot, churches don't exist you fool.
Posted by WilliamSchulz 1 week ago
WilliamSchulz
I accepted your debate for the Roast Game and made my first argument. I will be posting this debate round after church and breakfast :).
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@WilliamSchulz you are next, in this next round.
And I challenged you to another debate.
Posted by WilliamSchulz 1 week ago
WilliamSchulz
Its not a matter of easiness. It would require a lot of reasearch, and I would have to do an equal amount to refute the research you did. Second, has there ever been a person in the 25 million that live there who oppose the government or think that there is more to life than just their tiny peninsula?

That is the main point of debate here.
Posted by godofwolves 1 week ago
godofwolves
It's too easy to argue con here, communism screwed north Korea though you could argue the people supported communism, I didn't study the cold war much
Posted by arugula278 1 week ago
arugula278
What even is the argument for pro here? that it's their fault for being indoctrinated?