Classyflamingo
Coveny

Are Roman Circuses an example of cruel and unusual punishment?

Classyflamingo has forfeited round #2.

Classyflamingo

Pro

I believe that Roman Circuses are an example of cruel and unusual punishment. They lead people to believe that violence is acceptable.
Coveny

Con

Roman"s conquered most of the known world and fighting arenas were common in the roman empire. So, it would not have been considered unusual for this time in history to have them, it would have been considered unusual NOT to have them. So the second part of your challenge is void.

So, that only leaves if they were cruel or not. The key to that, is what was normal in that time? If you go from living in a 5-star hotel to the fighting pits, yes it"s cruel, but slaves were regularly raped, beaten, and the pits provided them a chance to end that. Personally, I feel like getting sodomized, beaten, and living the rest of my life in chains is more to suffer than death. To say it another way, I believe torture is crueler than death, ergo the pits were not "cruel" in comparison with slavery.

So the pits were neither cruel nor unusual.
Posted by biharboard 5 months ago
biharboard
At present, there are different sites that offer so much of entertainment content
mobdro iphone
Posted by Sonofcharl 9 months ago
Sonofcharl
What do you mean?
Posted by jackpepper016 9 months ago
jackpepper016
After the grand success of Play Station 4 (PS4), Sony has announced the next version of Play Station, the PS5. It will obviously be more powerful and rigid than the PS 4, for better and smooth gameplay experience. If you are an avid gamer and love console games, you must be interested in checking out the technical details of http://www.playstation5ps.com... and also the release date. Just visit my site here for all the information you need.