197emmet
DebaterGood

Are Schools Being Unfair with Restrictions

DebaterGood

197emmet

Con

My Schools Policy is Too Restrictive Sites Are Block EXE Files are Blocked By Group Policy
This Never Happened While I was in Elementary school
DebaterGood

Pro

Hello 197emmet, I accept this debate.
I do not know what school you go to, or what circumstances that led to the restrictions made at your school, so I will argue the points at face value.

First, EXE files can be very dangerous, as since you mentioned EXE, makes me know you have windows at school. Having blocked EXE files during elementary school, since students are less likely to run into malicious items, since there is more supervision.

Second, as to blocked sites, what types of sites are you referring to? I am assuming that sites like YouTube and Facebook are blocked at school, which makes sense. School is a place for learning, not leisurely fun. If you want YouTube and Facebook, then you are free to use them outside of school.

I rest my case for this round.
197emmet

Con

Yes My School's Policy is Too Restrictive Sites Are Blocked EXE Files are Blocked By Group Policy
And No student is allowed To Even To Talk to The Administrator
Youtube is not blocked
But websites like Facebook, twitter, instagram, Minecraft.net
and steam
They Use A website Known as Iboss
DebaterGood

Pro

First of all, my opponent has provided NO evidence as to how the school is too restricting on students. I have already stated the danger of EXE's.
My opponent has stated that Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, and Minecraft are blocked. This makes perfect sense, as these sites have absolutely no relevance to school. The school would be too restrictive if they said that you couldn't use the computers even for word, or google docs, which wouldn't happen because having computers would be useless.
Not being allowed to complain to the administrator makes sense also, since sites like IBoss help prevent irrelevant sites and potentially dangerous ones to harm the computer. Since my opponent has provided no other arguments. I feel that I have won this round.

http://www.iboss.com...
197emmet

Con

197emmet forfeited this round.
DebaterGood

Pro

My opponent has provided no reason as to solidifying their argument, and the Burden of Proof lies on them. As the contender, I will rest my case simply by saying that Pro's school isn't too restrictive.
197emmet

Con

197emmet forfeited this round.
DebaterGood

Pro

197emmet

Con

197emmet forfeited this round.
DebaterGood

Pro

My opponent has provided no reason as to solidifying their argument, and the Burden of Proof lies on them. As the contender, I will rest my case simply by saying that Pro's school isn't too restrictive. I have clearly won this debate.
Posted by ballpit 1 year ago
ballpit
The issue is not that they are restrictive but instead that the students are forced to go their by law and have their rights as Citizens removed from them for 4-8 hours a day dependant on the place you live in.
Posted by Hayden413 1 year ago
Hayden413
I do think they are to restrictive. We are school almost all day and have no way to blow off steam. It's totally unfair.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 8 months ago
dsjpk5
197emmetDebaterGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro.
Vote Placed by lord_megatron 10 months ago
lord_megatron
197emmetDebaterGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited