Eblank3218
softball_32

Are Video Games A Sport

Eblank3218
Started: 5/18/2014 Category: Technology

Eblank3218

Pro

Many people say video games aren't a sport, well actually they are. Just because they aren't a physical sport doesn't mean they are not a sport, they are an eSport. You have to specify on what type of sport before you say video games are not a sport.
softball_32

Con

no ok they r not a sport!! Moving and jumping and running and throwing and lifting is a sport.

sports: softball,basketball,volleyball,football,track and field,cross country,cheer, etc.
Eblank3218

Pro

The definition of sport from Merriam Webster's dictionary is to play in a happy and lively way. Well you play video games, and you are playing sometimes intense depending on the game, and gamers are always happy when they play unless it is a game they do not like.
softball_32

Con

Ok if ur going to say that video games is a sport that is sad because they are clearly not
Eblank3218

Pro

Eblank3218 forfeited this round.
softball_32

Con

https://www.youtube.com...

I hope in the future u will get up off the couch and play some real sports. The real deal is better trust me, u will feel way better win u hit ur first home run or when u get ur first swoosh in a basketball game. I was 9 yrs old win i hit my first home run and i was 12 when i got my first swoosh ( i just started basketball ), but go out for sports!!!!
Posted by Eblank3218 2 years ago
Eblank3218
Now it is time for me to debate my other beliefs.
Posted by Eblank3218 2 years ago
Eblank3218
Not always true because I have no interest in guns and I play all kinds of violent video games, same with my friends too. Study shows that 1 out of 5 kids will turn violent.
Posted by softball_32 2 years ago
softball_32
u know most violent games lead to all the crap that goes on when those guys go a shot people because they're bored or it looks fun and then they blame it on a mental problem that isn't really the problem it is the VIDEO GAME
Posted by Eblank3218 2 years ago
Eblank3218
And I hope you succeed at that but I am going my own way towards medical school or Major League Gaming.
Posted by softball_32 2 years ago
softball_32
I plan on going to the Softball World Series when I'm older and I will coach softball and basketball for JH and HS girls
Posted by Eblank3218 2 years ago
Eblank3218
I don't need more practice because I have been doing these sports since i was 6, and i don't plan on going into a sports career when i grow up, i plan on being a surgeon or computer engineer.
Posted by softball_32 2 years ago
softball_32
On ur free time u need to be outside practicing on getting better
Posted by Eblank3218 2 years ago
Eblank3218
Well I went out of town for a few days and forgot to post my 3rd arguement on the debate, and just so you know Softball sports come first to me, I play baseball, basketball and I am in cross-country. I am in all AP classes at my high school, and I play video games in my free time.
Posted by Dishoungh 2 years ago
Dishoungh
A generalization of a sport requires physical exertion; however, a new term called "electronic sports" has been established. Gaming is not a "PHYSICAL SPORT", but it is an "Electronic Sport." Different sports are categorized by how they are played. Equestrian sports are sports with use of horses. Mind sports are sports where you have to use your mental skills more than physical activity such as cards. Archery has absolutely little physical activity in place, but it's still a sport. Golf is a "PRECISION" sport.
Posted by oculus_de_logica 2 years ago
oculus_de_logica
you're doing something wrong.

damn slow internet
Vote Placed by SebUK 2 years ago
SebUK
Eblank3218softball_32Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con debated in a horrible manner , He didn't argue against Pro's definition and acted in a mean way especially in the last round apart from that Con didn't back up his claims with any reliable source and his grammar was terrible.
Vote Placed by baus 2 years ago
baus
Eblank3218softball_32Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con misspelled many words such as 'your' and misused punctuation such as commas without spacing in round 1 and lack of period/full-stop in round 2. Merriam Webster is a more reliable source than aYouTube video full of bias and the arguments of Pro were base dont he definition of sport rather than pure bias. Conduct to Con for the forfeit.
Vote Placed by numberwang 2 years ago
numberwang
Eblank3218softball_32Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF by pro
Vote Placed by Dishoungh 2 years ago
Dishoungh
Eblank3218softball_32Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited at the last round.