Jilo
Teagana

Are Video Games Sports?

Started: 11/25/2015 Category: Games

Jilo

Pro

It's a virtual sport, perhaps not a physical sport. It requires just as much skill and mental focus. Gaming is incredibly competitive, just as much as any other sport. I guess it all just depends on what you want to make the definition of a sport. Does it have to involve physical movement?
Teagana

Con

The definition of a sport is as such: 1.
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
"team sports such as baseball and soccer"
synonyms:(competitive) game(s), physical recreation, physical activity, physical exercise, athletics; pastime
"we did a lot of sports"

"An activity involving physical excertion..."

Video games do meet the criteria of the last bit, but after the first statement, all is lost. Video games can be virtual reality of a sport, but video games is not a sport. You do not physically excerpt yourself in any way. The only movement you have to do while playing video games is that of your thumbs. And even then, it isn't much.

This is all I will say for now, as it is definitely a strong statement. I wish Pro the best of luck:)
Jilo

Pro

Life is like a cabbage: Sometimes it is green and crunchy, sometimes dad stabs the cat with a knife because his foot ball team lose again
Life is like a cabbage: sometimes it is green and round, and sometimes mom wish you were never born
If you throw a cabbage in the air he will alway come right back down to you because he is lonely without you.
If there is a fire in your house make sure you save all the cabbages before you even think about finding your children
A cabbage does not wear a watch but he always have time for you
Instead of drinking coffee in the morning try laying down with a cabbage on your stomach and you will be wide awake trust me
If you push a cabbage under water he will alway float right back up to the top because he miss you so much
A cabbage does not have ears but that does not mean that he is immune to your lies
Some time you think about a cabbage and you get so excited that forget to go to sleep again for five days
Sometimes you hate your life and dont want to be alive anymore but then you think about cabbage and know that everything will be ok
You can paint a cabbage green but that is a waste of paint because he is already green you idiot
If you run out of pillows maybe try using a cabbage
You can tell a cabbage has gone bad if he is wearing a leather jacket
if you are sad put a cabbage in your back pack and carry him every where so it feel like you have a friend that want to spend time with you
A cabbage is so pretty but you are real ugly
You can ask a cabbage for financial advice but he will not say any thing because he is a cabbage
You can put a cabbage on the hood of your car. People will not under stand what you are doing but at least you are doing some thing
If you put plastic eyeballs on a cabbage and take him to the movies it might feel like you have a friend I hate my life
Dr. Suess did not ever make a poem about cababge And now he is dead
A cabbage can not get pregnant believe me I tried
You can put a cabbage in a baby carriage amd take him for a walk and people will say "who this" and you can say "he is my cabbaby"
If you want to trick your parents put a cabbage on your pillow at night and they will think you are sleeping but you are actually crying
Teagana

Con

If you are seeing this debate, refer to my original statement. I would say more, but judging by pros last statement, I don't need to. Vote con!
Jilo

Pro

Jilo forfeited this round.
Teagana

Con

Teagana forfeited this round.