raskuseal
DoobDood

Are Video Games really bad for people?

Started: 1/15/2016 Category: Games

raskuseal

Con

Round 1: Stating our opinions.
Round 2: Supporting our opinions.
Con is that Games are good, Pro is Games are bad.

I believe that People who don't play video games obviously don't know crap about video games. Ever since the 80's, somewhere, usually on the lower left corner on the front OR on the lower right hand side on game cases have a white box with a single letter on it, representing the age the game was made for. If there is an E, that game was meant for every one. IF there is a T, then that game was meant for Teens. And if there is an M, then that game was meant for mature people who could handle Adult themes, such as violence or profanity. The M rating is for 17 year old people or older. Right by the rating letter is also a short list of why that particular game got that rating. for E, it's usually because of fantasy violence in Lego games. T- rated games would normally say blood, And M-rated games would usually list blood, violence, and language.
DoobDood

Pro

Hello! I would like to confirm that I am taking the pro side of this debate, where I show a bad influence made by video games. I look forward to having a good debate with you!

First of all, everything I am arguing this point using relative terms. This means that I will be comparing video games to other activities that you could be doing instead rather than describing video games without context. Second, do not assume that I do not play video games. While it is true that I have not invested a ridiculous amount of time or money in them, I am aware of their effects on my life.

Video games are relatively bad for humans simply because they do not have as many health benefits as other activities. Furthermore, they have a massive impact on our behavior. Video games are very addictive, and while the affects vary, people do change based on the video games they play. Examples include increased aggressiveness and foul language. Finally, they burn time that could be used in better ways, like playing a sport.

With that, I shall close my opening statement.
raskuseal

Con

I believe that games are good for several reasons. So waaaaay back in the day, before movies and radios, people would have to read or speak stories to on anther for entertainment. But Then, the radio was invented, then film had been invented. Now games have been invented. Video games are just a natural evolution of entertainment.
One example of video games being good is a company called Pfizer conducted research with people who had a stroke and found out that playing an interactive video game, such as the Nintendo wii, actually increases congitive recovery faster then standard exercise.
A second thing video games do is improve people's hand-eye coordination and their eyesight. It's typically seen in people who play a fair amount of FPS(First person shooter) games. People who play those kinds of games have to push a certain button within milliseconds of seeing an on screen prompt, or lose and have to restart. This is where their eyes come in. They have to process information very quickly and have to spot something on the screen in order to succeed.
And finally, my closing statement is about little children playing violent games. Underage children don't have jobs. Therefore they can't buy video game consoles or games. That means someone else has has to buy them for them. That means it's the parents fault for buying a video game that was made for an older audience, not for young children. If the parent was more involved in what they were buying their kids or seeing what they were playing, they could help stop violence later in life because it removes the kids source of violent ideas. Kids who play games meant for older people usually have parents who don't care much about them, which means the kid can be violet and get away with it with no punishment from the parent. So if we had better parents monitor what children were playing, games wouldn't be put in such a bad light.
Now to let my opponent take a turn. Good luck and good sportsmanship!
DoobDood

Pro

DoobDood forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: LDG// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: I found Pro's points to be flimsy.

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD. The voter has to explain their decision, not merely state how they perceived one side's arguments.
************************************************************************
Posted by raskuseal 1 year ago
raskuseal
If doobdood wants anther debate so he can finish this, he can message me and we can work something out, if he wants to.
Posted by raskuseal 1 year ago
raskuseal
Meh. As a gamer, I believe that games are good. BUT that doesn't mean all of them are good. There's lots of crap games out there, so if I do go pro on anther debate, I can go pro as there's lots of ground to cover in the gaming industry for both sides.
Posted by Zebracakes 1 year ago
Zebracakes
If you want to, then you can, but if you don't, that's cool too. I don't want you to be pro if your heart's not in it unless you want to.
Posted by raskuseal 1 year ago
raskuseal
Want me to create one where I'm pro so we can debate, Zebracakes?
Posted by Zebracakes 1 year ago
Zebracakes
I was going to debate this topic, but then I saw that your are Con, which I was going to debate as, so I can't really debate something that my heart isn't in. I wouldn't debate that video games are bad for people because I don't think they are.