2001bhu
thatawesome

Are Water Pokemon The Best Starters?

2001bhu
Started: 2/23/2015 Category: Games

2001bhu

Pro

A few things to consider before accepting:
1. I have never played the DS game before (My info will come from online and the card game)
2. This is not a debate where you pick grass because grass has an advantage over water. (do not match them up in battle)
3.You will have to choose a starter type to argue for (grass or Fire)
4. Please be fair no trolling
5. When voting don't be biased.
6. Do not base your arguments off of your own pokemon in your games (i.e. "My level 55 charizard could beat a fraigater easily")
7.Please do some research before accepting.
8.Please choose the type you favor to argue for. Not one that is statistically better

R1:accept
R2: Lay out your argument
R3: Attack other person argument
R4: Defend your argument
R5: Final words

Have fun!

thatawesome

Con

OK water elemented pokemon are a good start but but grass does have a higher advantage on it because water pokemon are skilled but grass pokemon have better chances of winning and I would say fire but because of the fact that a water element could easily take down a fire except for charzard
2001bhu

Pro

Please put the type you will be arguing for.

I belive water pokemon are the best starters because of these points:

1: it has been proved by science that squirtle (the water type starter of gen 1) is the best starter.

2: The Creators of the starters choose Squirtle (the water type starter of gen 1) over the other two.

3: Water pokemon are the best type (in my opinion)

4: In this top ten list Water is ranked Number 2 (only dragon type is beating it by 4%)

5: Water pokemon are normally the cutest

Water pokemon have been proven to be better here is the link for you to look at:
source: http://kotaku.com...

2: The Creators of the starters choose Squirtle (the water type starter of gen 1) over the other two. Here is an excerpt from this site: (I take no credit for what is writen. this not my own work)

Shigeru Ohmori, on the other hand, states a quite contrary opinion. Ever since the early beginnings of the Pokémon games, he has been the water-type guy. Back inPokémon Red and Blue, he picked Squirtle, while in Ruby and Sapphire Mudkip was the starter he chose. After hearing Ohmori speak about generation 3, Masuda also mentioned his favourite. Coincidentally, it is the only one that got a mega evolution inPokémon X and Y, Torchic. “I’m a huge fan of Torchic. I don’t know if you saw the intro movie of Pokémon X & Y, but I really pushed to get Torchic in there because its one of my favorite Pokémon. And even back with the Game Boy Advance SP, when Nintendo was making that, I actually made a request to them to make a Torchic-colored Game Boy Advanced SP.”
Source: http://shinigaming.com...

Water pokemon are the best because look at the way this works: Fire = strong attack/weak defence. Grass = Strong Defence/weak attack. Water = Both attack and defence are good

Link: http://www.thetoptens.com...

Water pokemon are always so cute look at piplup, squirtle, totodile, and frookie. They are all so cute!

http://www.thetoptens.com...

http://shinigaming.com...;

http://kotaku.com...;
thatawesome

Con

Yes I agree very good facts but charizard a fire pokemon most of them have a high HP many water die faster and so many waters are 2 small to battle and most are just extras in the show u don't find so many water pokemon cards u mostly see grass or fire or any other ones
2001bhu

Pro

Please follow the rules!
Which starter type do you think is better?
Please all voters note I have nothing to rebuttle and Con is not following the rules.

So now I await Con rebuttles.
thatawesome

Con

ok voters to let you know i am new to this debate thing ok so i can suck at debate and pro u need to lay off and i bet everyone will pick fire instead of water
2001bhu

Pro

I have nothing to defend.
You may be new but you still need to pick a type to argue for. Grass or Fire please pick one. I laid out what was need to be done if you accepted in round 1. You shouldn't have said yes if you were not ready with an arguement. yet again please state what type you think is better...

Thank you
thatawesome

Con

I picked fire dick head ok post new argument ok
2001bhu

Pro

OK this debate did not turn out as I wish and please don't be mean...
You have potential.
thatawesome

Con

thatawesome forfeited this round.
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
2001bhu
Will you vote?
Posted by RevNge 1 year ago
RevNge
roflmao
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
2001bhu
Almost all my cards are water type
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
2001bhu
Wait I spelled written wrong. I put "writen"... Sorry
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
2001bhu
not really was an example.
Posted by thatawesome 1 year ago
thatawesome
How did you get a 55 lvl charizard????????????
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
2001bhu
Russia Remember the part where it says: Do not base your arguments off of your own pokemon in your games (i.e. "My level 55 charizard could beat a fraigater easily")
Posted by thatawesome 1 year ago
thatawesome
i <3 pokemon
Posted by Russia_The_almighty 1 year ago
Russia_The_almighty
Aw I wish I saw this before you accepted it. My friends level 100 Charizard and Blaziken could kill literally just about every water type quite pathetically. He made his Charizard faster than Ninjask WITHOUT hacking. He ussually beats everyone with his Darkrai alone and the sad part is DARKRAI ISN'T on his main team. He uses his main team only for Pokemon battle competitions. He was best in Florida for 3 years 'till he retired from doing the competitions. Likely could have reached the nationals.
Posted by Circle_Craft 1 year ago
Circle_Craft
Sorry,can't accept, I'm in the middle of another debate right now :(
Vote Placed by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
2001bhuthatawesomeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's use of insults was inappropriate and uncalled for. He failed to offer any arguments accept an appeal to the judge's own personal preferences, and forfeited his last round. Pro was the only one to use sources. Pro's grammar was also far better than Con's, with Con repeatedly failing to use punctuation or to capitalize properly, occasionally making him difficult to comprehend. I vote Pro.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
2001bhuthatawesomeTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff