Sarah9019a
DawsonBruno

Are all people equal?

Sarah9019a has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Sarah9019a

Pro

Hi! I've noticed a LOT of White Power stuff on the site, but I couldn't accept those debates. I disagree with the White Power movement and I thought it would be enlightening to have a debate.

We will argue, Resolved: All humans ought to be treated equitably. I will support equitable treatment, you can oppose it in any way you choose (race-based inequality, gender-based inequality, etc.).

Definitions are an argument, so I'm not including them here.

Please be civil. BOP shared. I hope this can be a fun debate!
DawsonBruno

Con

First thing I would like to bring up is that your question: "Are all people equal?" is different from the question you said we would argue in your first round statement: "We will argue, Resolved: All humans ought to be treated equitably."

Are you trying to debate if people ARE equal or if they should be treated equally? I am going to assume you would like to debate that they should be treated equally, so that is what I will make my rebuttal about.

Thank you for bringing this question to attention and I look forward to debating this topic with you. I will allow you to make the first argument.

P.S. I will mainly be debating segregation between race, gender, religion, etc.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
"We are equal in the eyes of God. That's good enough for me. I'm commanded as a Christian to treat others as I would like to be treated myself. Who am I to argue with God?"
That is why we have wars....Well the US had/have..
Posted by Intolerant_Liberal 1 year ago
Intolerant_Liberal
People should be equal, but in this world it isn't a reality. Hierarchy is in almost every kind of institution, because traditionally, speaking in European terms at least, the church and the state and law where hierarchical and feudal by nature.

Should we be equal? We should be treated equally before the law, but we aren't. The wealthy, the powerful and the influential are treated better than the mass majority of equal. We are equal in the eyes of God. That's good enough for me. I'm commanded as a Christian to treat others as I would like to be treated myself. Who am I to argue with God?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
No. Nobody are equal. That is why we have wars.
Posted by Sarah9019a 1 year ago
Sarah9019a
I agree tolerance is good. This is a debate website, so I think it would be good to express differing opinions and debate them to come closer to truth. Whether or not you're a white power movement specifically, there has been a lot posted about white power and anti-blackness. I don't support that. If your ideals differ from mine, accept the debate and we can have discussion, which will bring us closer to actual truth. Thanks!
Posted by What50 1 year ago
What50
We aren't a white power movement. We think in a effort to be more tolerant we think we should be able to express our opinions on blacks. Thank you for reading this.
Posted by White_power10 1 year ago
White_power10
no blacks are less