stargate
kkkkatie126

Are all people really equal?

stargate

stargate

Con

I must prove that all humans by that I mean people are not equal. This means everyone is not the same, and everyone should not be treated the same. Pro must prove it all human should be treated as equals and are equal.

Equal- a person or thing is considered to be the same as another in status or quality.
kkkkatie126

Pro

I accept your debate.
stargate

Con

1. Income
Because all humans are not equal income is always different. This is a wonderful thing and encourages diversity amount the nation and the society. When you work harder you earn more then other people. When you get a education you learn more, witch usually allows you to be paid more. This is a god thing, but it is unequal to all humans. So if you want all humans to be treated as equals this means everyone must earn the same amount, and that has never worked and would be counter productive to our society and nation. When everyone gets paid the same amount it makes it so there is no reason to work harder, or to get a better education so you get a better job, or study more on subjects to hope to be paid more. This is why this is why it is unequal and should remain unequal.

2. Appearances
Everyone looks different, some people are better looking as other thus they are not treated the same way as people who look ugly. People who where born without arms and/or legs are treated differently then people who where not born that way. My point is all humans look different, and due to that they are not all equal and should not be treated as such.

3. Grades/treatment of other humans
If someone for example gets a 100 on a national test they would be treated differently from someone who failed it. The guy that got the one hindered would have his teachers praising him and maybe even putting that on a form to whatever collage he would want to go to. But the guy the failed it would not get any of those thing thus it is not equal and they are not treated as equals.

So to wrap this round up for me, con how can all humans be equal when all humans have always be unequal. We do are best in cases of this inequality. The few times nations or societies try to make everyone equal it falls apart some way or another.

Now back to you con
kkkkatie126

Pro

While you did make some good points,I disagree that these things make us unequal. To address your point about income,you have to understand that some people are simply disabled and can't work,this doesn't mean that someone who can work is better than them. Some people get denied jobs because of their gender,orientation,or race. Just cause someone's better looking than someone doesn't mean they're better than them or that they're not equal. Maybe the less attractive person is smarter than the attractive person. Look ain't everything,and everyone is beautiful in there own special way. If someone fails a test,than they might have a chance to take the test again. Maybe they didn't study hard enough ? None of these things make us unequal. We're all people. We're all humans. How has equality fallen apart ? America ended the Jim Crow laws in 1964 and is working on ending racial discrimination,how has this made our country fall apart ?
stargate

Con

True everyone can not work the same all the time. But that does that stop there work from being better then others. It does not stop them being smarter then others. A test like the one I said would be one you take once. Some do get denied jobs due to those things, but that is usually in other nations. In the USA and other devolved nations it simply is not the case. Some woman here claim they get denied jobs due to there gender, but usually there are a lot of other things going on other then just there gender. Those who are smarter then others and also do well in there job should be paided more based on that. That way it ensures a heathy stable workplace. We are all not equal, if someone makes one cent more then you isn't that not equal? If you pay everyone the same amount then why bother trying hard in your job if some lazy guy gets paided the same amount. True we are all humans and in some ways we are equal. But we are all not treated as equal and it should remain that way. If it doesn't then it will help push our society closer to clasping. If someone has a better house then you and gets paid more then you then you are not completely equal, and we are not all treated as equals if some have a higher standard of living then others. You ask how it would fall apart well here is a example the USSR, by the ussr I look at what made it form. The reason it formed was to make the nation more equal, to have people get paid around the same amoun ex. My point is it never worked in the USSR it caused it's downfall in the end. North Korea, Cuba, need I go on nations that try to make even equal end up worse then nations that do not. The USA encourages inequality in many aspects without having everyone be evil racist pigs. The USA is doing fine now so why change, inequality makes humanity thrive. Humans where never meant to be forced into a cube where they are made equal's. That hasn't it was a good thing, but it was not to the extreme. You claim everyone is equal and must be treated as such, then if there is anything that is not equal then we are not right now. If you are smarter then me, then we are not equal in many aspects such as must likly if this whas the case math.

So due to people having better homes then others, more money then others, being more intelligent then others, looks make humans not equal in those area's. Sometimes equality is god but only in moderation and not to the extreme. So we are not all equal right now and must likly never will be. Now back to you con I look forward to seen what you will say. You must prove everyone is equal, and everyone should be treated as equals. So there can be no inequality if I am hearing you correctly.
kkkkatie126

Pro

I have to disagree with your side of this argument. Just cause someone has more more money than someone,or is smarter than someone,or is more attractive than someone,doesn't mean we ain't equal. We're all humans. We all have the same organs inside our bodies and we all bleed red. We all go through our struggles,some more than others,but that doesn't change the fact that we're all humans.
Posted by birdlandmemories 1 year ago
birdlandmemories
It was intended to be advice, but if I worded it in a way that made it sound like mocking, my bad.
Posted by kkkkatie126 1 year ago
kkkkatie126
Why are all you guys mocking me ?
Posted by birdlandmemories 1 year ago
birdlandmemories
I would have to agree with Tajshar. Pro refuted con's arguments but never really presented any for her side of the debate. Also I suggest using sources next time to earn source points.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
Um that isn't a religion.
Posted by kkkkatie126 1 year ago
kkkkatie126
How do you know I'm 14,are you a stalker ? And there's nothing wrong with Scientology,I can follow whatever religion I want. It's called the freedom of religion.
Posted by FreedomBeforeEquality 1 year ago
FreedomBeforeEquality
A 14yr old Scientologist. How does that happen?
Posted by kkkkatie126 1 year ago
kkkkatie126
How did my profile make you lose all hope in teenagers ?
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
I just lost all hope in teenagers upon reading Pro's profile
FreedomBeforeEquality
Just being a human doesnt define the limit of someones worth. Some humans can be of much more value to others. Maybe they have it in them to be more proactive, help in their community, and generally aid the rest of humanity with their efforts. Others (despite having the same organs and bleeding red) choose to make the world worse for everyone else or at the very least are selfish and provide no net aid to the human race at all. To paraphrase Aristotle, People are worth more than the sum of their physical parts, though some not by very much. They definitely arent equal though.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
It is fine after all mine is not the best.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
stargatekkkkatie126Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con easily gets the win, because Pro didn't even make any arguments on their part. All they did was refute Cons argument, which isn't convincing. Con actually provided arguments to back his case up, so I'm inclined to vote Con because he only presented a case.