Cyrus1860
Iacov

Are arab people the most uncivilized people in the world

Cyrus1860

Pro

Killing innocent people even in their territory such as Syria and Iraq, oppression of females, forcing people by beheading to do what they want, lying, lying and lying, treating other nations like a crap and hundreds of other uncivilized signs. I am just wondering if there is any other people worse than them.
Iacov

Con

Thank you for posting this debate. I will be arguing that Arab nations are not the most uncivilized groups of people in the world. I propose that we agree that the term "civilized" be used in the dictionary sense being "a stage of social, cultural, and moral development considered to be more advanced.".
Cyrus1860

Pro

Thanks for accepting the debate. When a person rejects that "the most" is not valid, he/she should gives an example who are "the most" then. I should add that that's not just a matter of nation but also the matter of beliefs. People may say that North Korean are also uncivilized but they could change as their political system may change. But for Arabs their beliefs will remain without change even after one thousand year. Hence, they may hold the position of THE MOST forever. As one aspect of associating THE MOST to a group of people is how it is valid in various conditions such a different periods of time, ARABS can be considered as the MOST uncivilized nation in the world
Iacov

Con

To say that Arab nations are the most uncivilized is simply not possible. By all definitions the most uncivilized civilization must be one of the few remaining tribes who have not made contact with any other modern civilizations. A example of this is the small tribe off the coast of India that has had hostile reactions to any form of contact and is clear still in the Stone Age firing at overhead aircraft with bows or spears.
Regarding Arab beliefs evidently this beliefs is Islam and it is clear that over the course of history Islam has changed not as drastic as the Christian church but notable changes have been made. A clear example off this would be the Sunni departure. I believe Arab nations by western standards are not civilized but most definitely not the most uncivilized.
Cyrus1860

Pro

I am sure that tribe in India wont kill each other so easily and don`t stone their women. I may accept that Islam has changed but as you said this change is not comparable with Christianity. Hence, we can conclude that the difference between Christianity and Islam is becoming more significant like as poor people may be poorer and rich people may be richer as time passes since the standard of living is changing over time. It means that, Islam may will has a little change in 1000 years later but still it is distancing more and more from the standards of the era that is changing dramatically. I would say that not stoning women is not a western standard but very basic human rights.
Iacov

Con

Going back to that tribe we don't know much about them because they are so secluded but we do know in 2008 a group of fishermen crashed on their island and those fishermen have not been heard from since so exicution is possible in their civilization. Yes Christianity has changed much more than Islam however not all change is good change nor is the lack of change. Personally I feel both religions have missed the correct amount of reform needed.