baqo
hwp460

Are babies the most intelligent beings on the planet?

baqo has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

baqo

Pro

short answer? yes.
hwp460

Con

I would like to point out that saying "Short answer, yes," is unfair to me as the neg. It doesn't allow me to get a basis for your opinion to refute your beliefs.

I will start with Merriam Webster's definition of intelligent which is "guided or directed by intellect: rational." This means that to be intelligent you have to be like Mr. Spock from Star Trek. If you don't get the reference, it means that you have to be guided by logic or reason. For example, if your parents significant other was on one side of a rope and ten people were on the other, who would you save. The intelligent person would save ten based on the fact more life is greater than his feelings. A baby has no sense of logic, reason, or anything besides its own biological wants and a relationship formed with the mother (based on not love but need for life).