ScarlettPig
princeofmusic15

Are boys smarter than girls?

ScarlettPig

ScarlettPig

Con

Boys and girls were created equal. We are both smart. There are many male inventors and composers, but does that make their gender smarter? I think not. There are many inventors and composers of the female gender as well. Women invented wonderful things, such as the invention of the windshield wiper, Kevlar, Monopoly, the paper bag, COMPUTERS, and, most importantly, chocolate chip cookies. I will repeat. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. So, really, if it weren't for that SMART women who invented the computer, I wouldn't be talking to you right now. Women have a long history of being smart, brave human beings, and we are going to stay that way.
princeofmusic15

Pro

I won't argue with you about that, but I believed Boys are smarter than girls. I know girls discover something that contributes a lot to human knowledge; but as what can you see, way back a thousand years ago. Men are first well known on discovering something that are useful to latter time. Such as Sir Isaac Newton that discovers about the gravity thingy, that which most or all of the scientist use his equation to discover the movement of the planets, and other objects that consist our universe. Also, there is a study by BEN CLERKIN & FIONA MACRAE that conclude's that men's IQ are almost four points higher than girls. However, girls are smarter, but men is way more smarter than girls.
ScarlettPig

Con

ScarlettPig forfeited this round.
princeofmusic15

Pro

princeofmusic15 forfeited this round.
ScarlettPig

Con

Men did invent some amazing things, but that really means nothing in this argument, because women invented chocolate chip cookies. Ba-bam!
But nevertheless, the reason that there are more male inventors to begin with is because of the fact that for centuries, boys were thought to be smarter than girls. But now, civilization knows better. We now know more about gender than we ever did before.
And also, why are we basing this debate on inventors? Aren't there many great composers, programmers, rulers, philosophers... The list goes on and on.
When you are talking about the IQ test thing, do we really know WHO participated in this test? It could have very well been male college professors vs female stay-home moms. We need more evidence.
And finally, about the Sir Isaac Newton part, are you saying that because of one great scientist, boys are smarter than girls?
No.
princeofmusic15

Pro

princeofmusic15 forfeited this round.
ScarlettPig

Con

You have forfeited the last round, and I do want to be fair, so I will only say a few things in this current argument, first of which is about females as a whole. For thousands of years, men are thought to be smarter than women, and even though it is nowhere near true, we are still called huMANS, still put in the category of woMEN, still feMALES, and still told that all MEN are created equal.
Also, do you think you could explain what you said in round one? I didn't really understand what you meant.
And happy Chanukah!
princeofmusic15

Pro

princeofmusic15 forfeited this round.
ScarlettPig

Con

I'm sorry, but I can't take this debate seriously if you keep forfeiting.
The last thing I want to say is that I am happy that you debated with me, and that I am eager to find out the results.
Happy holidays!
princeofmusic15

Pro

princeofmusic15 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Reeseroni 2 years ago
Reeseroni
ScarlettPigprinceofmusic15Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeiture