Are candlesticks safe to jump over?

This simply an acceptance round to get your feelings through to one another.

Me and kroshka have returned and hopefully its for good. Thanks for all the support we had on our should Unicorns Be Able to Farm debate and if you haven't heard of it check it out here:

I accept this round. Bring it on.

Thanks kroshka for accepting this debate. I am ready to begin.

Candlesticks are amazing things we find useful in our everyday lives. We use them for light, decoration, and now to jump over. As the old fairytale said, "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candle stick." This indicates candlestick jumping has been preformed before by this Jack character and he possible survived it. There are many ways you could jump over the candlestick, such as standing it upright or laying on its side. And since the candlestick is so thin, most likely you will be able to jump over it safely as the average human can jump 2 feet when standing and at least 4 inches in the air. Candlesticks are 2 inches in diameter and usually no longer than a ruler. No matter what way you stand a candlestick up, you will not land on it according to the statistics previously mentioned. All in all, candlesticks are safe to jump over.

Remember vote PRO

and i understand what you guys are all thinking, "OMG ARE THEY FREAKING SERIOUS" we are as our friend outside of the internet, who will remain anonymous, has recently asked us to return to and continue our debates. We try to teach people that there can be fun in everything including debates so you shouldn't get all stressed in your arguments remember, you really dont have to do this.

thank you kroshka for taking part in this i am excited to hear your response

Thank you for pointing out this very important issue. I am glad to be a part of this debate and will try my hardest to win this argument because IM THE BEST HAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Anyway, I am very proud of you Firefish, for actually having good arguments this time unlike the other time, so I am happy your skills have improved.

For my opening argument, I would like to say that candlesticks have burned down entire buildings, entire CITIES. These objects that are apparently tiny and thin, have taken human lives. These are, according to Firefish, delightful and full of joy.

They are full of PAIN and SORROW and HOPELESSNESS. I would like to honor anyone who's life has been ruined by a candlestick (I'm actually being serious I'm sorry if that happened to you).

Second, you said humans can jump 4 inches into the air, and a candlestick is the sir of a ruler. If the candlestick is standing upright, your statistics prove that the human will get burned. Not only will they knock the candlestick over, and possibly set the house on fire, they could burn themselves and others around them.

Like the inspiring artist P!nk has said, "Where there is desire [to jump over a candlestick], there is gonna be a flame/ Where there is flame, someone's bound to get burned." This quote is proving my point exactly.

I would also like to mention that the flame will add more height to the candlestick. Even if one places it on its side, the flame will make the building catch on fire.

My dear friend, Kroshka, would like to inform you that when she said vote pro, her brain was wandering and typed that instead of con.

Now onto my argument:

Kroshka's recent argument droned on about how the candlestick causes pain and sorrow because it burns.

First off, I would like to point out, usually candlesticks are not lit on fire, and instead used as a decorative piece in households. As I look around my house, in the current position I am sitting in, I see six candlesticks that are in view and I know we have more among this house. They have never been burned and have only been used as a happy decorative piece to brighten up the room. Simply, one would just take one of these candle sticks and jump over it. It's easy and safe.

Another point I would like to point out is this: after Jack jumped over the candlestick in the infamous nursery ryhme, he lived on to become fairytale legend. These tales include: Jack and the Beanstalk, Jack Frost, Jack the Giant Slayer, Little Jack Horner, This is the House that Jack Built, Jack and Jill. This Jack charactor makes his final decent in the classic, "Jack and Jill" when he breaks his "crown" (skull) and tumbles down a hill to his death. As I would like to point out, Jack did not die from a candlestick or even slaying giants, he died on a conquest to fetch water with his sister or companion, Jill.

We have legends that have survived candlestick jumping, with or without the candlestick being burned.

Also Kroshka argued that the candlestick will burn anything it touches when positioned anywhere, resulting in the place you are in burnig as well as you. like I have previously pointed out, the flame would be small IF it was lit, and candlestick jumping occurs in many places. These include, concrete patches (which concrete is not flammable, so nothing will burn), grass fields (in which you would have the flame extinguished).

And lastly you could have the effect of the flame without the dangers of a real flame with an LED candle. You get 2 for the price of one: safety and a flame effect.

Thank you kroshka for coming to round 3, and I look forward to round 4.

remember vote for PRO if you want to have the best time of your life jumping over candles :)

Firefish, thank you for responding to my argument. What you didn't do though, is explain to me one of your arguments:

"...the average human can jump 2 feet when standing and at least 4 inches in the air. Candlesticks are 2 inches in diameter and usually no longer than a ruler. No matter what way you stand a candlestick up, you will not land on it according to the statistics previously mentioned."

As I have previously mentioned in the last round, your conclusion that you have come up with using these statistics makes no sense to me. I'll explain my reasoning again-- a ruler is 12 inches long. If your data is correct, and an average human can jump four inches, how is it possible that they can jump over a candlestick?

You may argue that one can simply place the candlestick on it's side. Your statistics do state that a candlestick is only two inches in diameter, so of course someone can easily jump over it safely (if there is no flame, of course). But I feel that the debate question isn't worded very specifically. It could be that you are speaking of multiple candlesticks, resulting in the complication of not just jumping over one, but possibly even thirty? In that case, if my math is correct (assuming one candlestick has a two inch diameter), the person would have to jump sixty inches in order to cross the candlesticks safely.

On the topic of my uncertainty of the wording of the question, how thick is the candlestick really? So far, we have been assuming that the sticks are twelve inches tall and two inches in diameter, but I know that candlesticks in my home are not that size. In fact, looking around my house, I see long, tall, and skinny candles that are definitely more than twelve inches tall. I also see some extremely wide ones, I can see without a doubt that they are wider than two inches in diameter.

We should not judge all candlesticks by one size. It's like when people call all Americans fat, or assume all the white girls go to Starbucks everyday. And just like we should not judge candlesticks, we should not judge people.

You argue that Jack, who is not even a real person, who has not existed, and who will never exist, jumped over a candlestick, and survived. Your evidence states:

"Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candlestick."

One should not assume that just because Jack is able to be nimble and quick, others can too. For example, there are 99 students out of about 2300 total students that participate in the cross country team. That is only a mere 4.3% of students who are willing to be "nimble and quick."

Unfortunately, I have to go and I don't have time to finish my argument. I will talk about the rest of my points in the next round.

Thank you kroshka for putting your points in the world.

When saying that one can jump 4 inches in the air, one must assume they are not bending their knees and according to the same study i based my research on, one can jump even higher when they have their kees bent, bringing their feet many more inches higher in the air, enought to safely jump over a candle stick standing up.

Addressing Kroshka's earlier argument about candle stick widths such as fat and thin candles, there is a difference of categorization that clearly flawed in your argument. A candlestick is a thin, longish candle specifically made to fit in a candlelabra. A candle on the other hand comes in all shapes and sizes. The topic of this debate is are candlesticks safe to jump over? and any sort of candle that does not fit the description of a candlestick should be ruled out of this debate all together.

Also what I would like to say, sure the topic says candlesticks and that could mean more than one candlestick jumping over and that is entirely true. What you do not know is that the title is referring to the categorization of the candlestick, and is simply a grammar rule that should be folllowed. One would not ask, are candlestick safe to jump over?,they would ask are candlesticks safe to jump over?, and the other person who is asked most likely will assume they mean one.

And addressing your "Jack" charactor not being real, as similar to our should unicorns be able to farm debate we don't for sure exavtly know much about this Jack person. We know he is real and I have the slightest suspicion my lab partner, who's name is Jack, could be this Jack that i prevously referred to. He is constantly talking about Jack tales and i will ask him sometime soon if he has safely jumped over a candlestick.

One thing Kroshka did not realize is that humans have common sense, they will not jump over too many candlesticks and hurt themselves. Human nature is to stay safe and to do that, you would not light the flame. This has nothing to do with anything Kroshka has pointed out, but I feel it is a needed statement in order to continue with this debate.

That is all I have to say for now, and I will make the rest of my points during the final round that is coming up after Kroshka posts her argument.

kroshka12 forfeited this round.

kroshka12 forfeited this round.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
hilarious debates on both of your profiles. I love you guys!
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: What a funny, hilarious debate. Pro proved that due to the lowness of candlesticks, and the awesomeness of Jack, candlesticks are easy and safe to jump over. FF by con so conduct to pro.