moggie4
Bertie1987

Are care homes safe?

moggie4

Con

perosnally i dont think care homes are safe
Bertie1987

Pro

I do think that in general care homes are safe.
Ofcourse nothing is perfectly safe and ofcourse there can be bad care homes, but I considere care homes to be safer then living on your own.
moggie4

Con

moggie4 forfeited this round.
Bertie1987

Pro

Moggie4, I hope you can at least explain why you don't think care homes are safe?
moggie4

Con

The reason i dont think they are safe if because every week there is a new story about abusing in care homes! To be truthful just the fact that someone is being abused is enough to put me off putting someone in a care home! yes there may be plus's in care homes but not enough to risk abuse
Bertie1987

Pro

Yes indeed there are often news stories about abuse and bad care homes. But ofcourse you only hear about the bad stories in the news. There are also often plane crashes and many people are killed, but still plane is one of the safest ways for transport.

If someone can not easily live at home anymore, then I think it is a good idea to put him in a care home. But it is best to choose carefully between the possible care homes, ask people advice, visit them and check how well the people are threated for yourself.

I know some people that work in care homes, they are doing their very best to handle the workload and handling people that don't want to take their medication in a good and respectfull way. This can be very difficult so not everyone can handle this job as it should. Care homes should monitor their staff very well to catch problematic behaviour in time.

I hope this was usefull for you!

Bert