Themeaman909
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Are conservatives selfish?

Themeaman909
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

Themeaman909

Con

First round is acceptance only. And please try not to use to much bias in your argument, because I know how much rivalry exists between libertarians and conservatives. But remember that the topic states NOTHING about libertarians, so don't go saying something about them. Just focus on conservatives for this debate.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Pro

Conservatives, in one way, believe in never exercising power or influencing anything unless the current system shows itself telf to be 'broken' enough to require mending. This is selfish and lazy as it avoids the selfless act of the more informed bothering to have foresight and preparing for potential harms until they come. Prevention is better than cure as it stops the symptoms ever arising but from a selfish point of view the effort put into preventing rather than curing is detrimental.

On the flipside, Conservatives support many laws that either help people feel more morally correct or even help citizens to fear straying from a way of life that lands them eternal bliss. This is selfish as the need to add a legal repercussion for 'sins' not only harms those wishing to have the liberty to do those sins and live their own life but helps those without faith or a conscience to have a new selfish motive to behave according to the 'good book'. Not all Conservatives are religious but all seek to have moral imperatives enforce don those who wish to live their life another way to what is viewed as 'guilt free' so for the selfish need to rid oneself of guilt, many oppressive laws are imposed in a Conservative society.
Themeaman909

Con

One thing that I would like to address is how YOU COMPLETELY IGNORED MY #1 RULE. You were not supposed to post an argument, and based on your profile (I always check the public part of someones profile if I am debating them so I can have a better sense of who I am debating) it seems that you don't take debates on this website seriously. That is at least what I perceived. After all, how can you take the word "noobsniper" seriously in any way? I do thank you for not mentioning libertarians in your argument.

Now that you have already posted your argument (not that you where supposed), than I will rebuttal it.

1."Conservatives, in one way, believe in never exercising power or influencing anything unless the current system shows itself telf to be 'broken' enough to require mending. This is selfish and lazy as it avoids the selfless act of the more informed bothering to have foresight and preparing for potential harms until they come. "

The first thing that I will address your fault for is that most conservatives want problems that are harmful to be addressed, and not put off to the last second. Although they are more resistant to change, the conservative thought is to help keep a society running efficiently. Many conservatives are against drug usage because it weakens a society. This can be seen as caring for society, and that would not be selfish. I do see that you would think people's rights may be infringed under certain conservative policies, but this is usually for the better of a society. Everyone can not be satisfied by what one conservative thinks, but I say that's tough. No one society will have 100% happy citizens with every decision that a government makes, otherwise happiness couldn't exist at all!

2."On the flipside, Conservatives support many laws that either help people feel more morally correct or even help citizens to fear straying from a way of life that lands them eternal bliss."

This eternal bliss you talk about is stating on how people can enjoy life in their own way, without something stopping them from enjoyment. Some people believe that people should have a right to do what they want to achieve happiness, but some things that people do are not making them happy at all. Of these things can include addictive drugs such as cannabis, which may seem to help people relax and just "chill out", but the effects of it can lead to neuropathic damage. I don't think neuropathic damage will make someone happy at all. people can search for happiness through conservative ways, the ideals only make people turn away from damaging habits and offenses. Even if conservatism affects people's choices it will help them see things in a more moral aspect.

I will present an argument stating how any person can be selfish, and being a conservative doesn't mean they will be selfish. Some conservatives are selfish, but not all conservatives are. It is a human nature to care about oneself's ideals more than others, it just is. Conservative ideals can be somewhat self centered, but including EVERY opinion can sometimes produce unwanted and negative results. Also, because conservatives have been known to recognise reality much more easily, this is a sign of selflessness in a way.

Not all conservatives are selfish, and not all selfish people are conservatives.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Pro

xPrtN00bSn1p3r forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

Vote for con.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Pro

xPrtN00bSn1p3r forfeited this round.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Pro

xPrtN00bSn1p3r forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

I hate debates that go down this path. It is kind of hard to find someone who is actually devoted to debating. Please vote con, even though I didn't win for real, the contender just forfeited the debate. They actually removed their account, why that is so, I do not know. If I was him, I would have at least finished all of my debates.
xPrtN00bSn1p3r

Pro

xPrtN00bSn1p3r forfeited this round.
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
I'm pretty sure I've won this one already.
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
You broke the rules that I clearly stated pro, thus you lose some conduct points.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
I mean Pro broke rules

But this is an easy win for him because conservatives are the most selfish people in america
Posted by Tilar 1 year ago
Tilar
xPrtN00bSn1p3r broke the rules Themeaman909 CLEARLY stated. Wow. Con is still going to win though, you can already see it.
Posted by dolandislife 1 year ago
dolandislife
i cant take the contender seriously
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
"The system" is based on greed...Greed and selffishness seems to be the only way you can afford not to be selfish....
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
I mean, plenty of conservatives are selfish as that's human nature. Not because they're conservative, but lots of conservatives are selfish.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Themeaman909xPrtN00bSn1p3rTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Themeaman909xPrtN00bSn1p3rTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.