The-DATA-plan
NateTheFirst

Are dogs smarter than cats?

NateTheFirst
Started: 10/19/2013 Category: Funny

The-DATA-plan

Pro

Dogs can: respond to their names, roll over on command, sit on command, heel, beg on command, attack on command, play dead, fetch, shake, speak upon command, tricks (search Jumpy on youtube), and still be best of show.

While cats can: wake up the owner and remind her/him to feed them, use a litter box, and enjoy life.
NateTheFirst

Con

Hello.

Horwitz said: "Dogs have a more evolved social communication repertoire than cats, and that leads them to do things humans equate with being smarter."

Note the nuance here, please. She"s not saying dogs are smarter"only that they do things that humans consider smart.

Pro has not given any actual evidence that the dogs are smarter. Or any evidence that cats can only wake up the owner to get fed and use a litter box. Even if he/she did, you could argue that cats are smarter, because they don"t always have to do what humans want. Upon further questioning, Dr. Horwitz said cats evolved as solitary hunters. Good at stalking small animals such as mice, and mouse and rat-catching skills were the primary reason humans started living with them.
The-DATA-plan

Pro

Actually, to tell you the truth, I wasn't really on the dog's side, I just wanted to know, different ways a cat if smarter than the dog. BTW dogs also hunt in packs, thus displaying that they understand the concept of teamwork. This allows them to catch much larger game. Though there aren't very many verities of wild dogs where I live, they do exist (but you already knew that). Though certain species do prefer to hunt solitary as well. But the end result, they still are able to bring down bigger game. Rather then eating small animals, they stuff their bellies with gazelles and other antelopes, baby wildebeests, and warthogs. But then again I was literally focusing on wild dogs...Let's look at another type of wild dog, the dingo, they too hunt in groups, but the rewards are, well, still rewarding, especially since it's going to be big animals like red kangaroos and domestic animals like cattle and sheep. However, that doesn't mean that they catch prey like this all the time, sometimes, if the group is too small, or they have failed in their hunt, or sometimes hinting solo, they do catch small game, just as well as a cat. I don't really know if the same can go for a stray dog. Between where I came from and the country I'm living in now, the dogs without owners either salvage what they can from people, garbage, a rare occurrence of a hunt or they get rescued or they roam about and coax people to feed them.
NateTheFirst

Con

NateTheFirst forfeited this round.
The-DATA-plan

Pro

The-DATA-plan forfeited this round.
NateTheFirst

Con

Oh sorry, forgot about the debate.

Yet again, he fails to bring any facts to the table. He does not bring any sources, and does not give any proof to support his arguments,
The-DATA-plan

Pro

The-DATA-plan forfeited this round.
NateTheFirst

Con

NateTheFirst forfeited this round.
The-DATA-plan

Pro

The-DATA-plan forfeited this round.
NateTheFirst

Con

NateTheFirst forfeited this round.
Posted by The-DATA-plan 3 years ago
The-DATA-plan
I have a question...does anybody know what Dr. Horwitz Nate's speaking of?
Posted by The-DATA-plan 3 years ago
The-DATA-plan
As a matter of fact, yes, yes I am. I didn't want to pick a side...
Posted by neptune1bond 3 years ago
neptune1bond
2-D's comment made me lol. :D
Posted by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
Um, are you debating yourself on this topic? Why did you present both sides?
Vote Placed by KingDebater 2 years ago
KingDebater
The-DATA-planNateTheFirstTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had better arguments and forfeited less.