carkol
Lim_Charles

Are dogs the best pet ever

carkol

Pro

Come on and vote to see if dogs are the best pet ever. Before you vote you should read some others to get ALL the text evidence. GOOD LUCK
Lim_Charles

Con

Since you have shown no opening statement, I assume this is a round merely to state that " I accept. "

carkol

Pro

carkol forfeited this round.
Lim_Charles

Con

Opening Statement:

Since my opponent has forfeited the round, I still start with my opening statement as Con.
The definition of pet; a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure.
Therefore removing the purpose of dogs for work such as the dalmatian for the firemen or attack dogs for police.

My main points are:

1. Dogs have to be trained.

Most dogs have to be trained at a young age otherwise they will defecate almost anywhere, become rowdy, not know the boundaries of the house and won't understand any of the commands you give them. This could be a hassle to those with busy schedules hence making it more practical to own a cat as they are easily potty trained and they have a sense of territory because they mark their territory by rubbing it allowing you to understand what the cat considers its territory allowing you to scold him/her for going beyond their territory unlike dogs therefore making cats the more practical pet for a busy person hence the dog is not the best pet.

2. Cats are easier to maintain.

Most dogs require affection and this really messes up a busy person's schedule unlike cats who do not require much attention however they still require attention, just not as much as dogs. Dogs also are known for being rowdy and sometimes their owners like them this way, however, due to the dogs rowdiness, they may destroy furniture and other objects at your house. Cats may also do the same, however they don't destroy as much as dogs because they don't get this rowdy however they will still be active and ready to play when their owner is there unlike most dogs who constantly are rowdy due to way they were trained and made. Dogs also bark a lot at night causing discomfort to the neighbors, some dogs can be trained but sometimes this can't be avoided, unlike cats who meow loudly at night but aren't loud enough to cause discomfort in the neighbors. Dogs also require more grooming unlike cats who lick themselves and groom themselves.

3. The Cost and other small inconveniences.

In the end, dogs ultimately cost more to take care of because of the maintenance. Dogs also live shorter than cats therefore lessening the amount of time one can spend with its owners. Cats also gets rids or small pests like roaches and rats.

Cited From:

Dachis, A. (2014, March 11). Dogs vs. Cats: Your Best Arguments. Retrieved March 15, 2016, from http://lifehacker.com...

"Cat vs Dog." Diffen.com. Diffen LLC, n.d. Web. 15 Mar 2016.
< http://www.diffen.com... >
carkol

Pro

carkol forfeited this round.
Lim_Charles

Con

Since Pro has once again forfeited, I can't go against anything he has to say hence I have nothing to say this round.
carkol

Pro

carkol forfeited this round.
Lim_Charles

Con

Since Pro has once again forfeited, I shall summarize my points by saying dogs are not the best pets because of the inconvenience of training one and the tiring maintenance of the dog. Cats are much easier to take care of and can provide the same amount of affection as a dog and they also get rid of pests. Cats also cost less to take care of.