daemualpha
jdwest9817

Are dress codes sexist

daemualpha has forfeited round #2.
Started: 4/26/2017 Category: News

daemualpha

Pro

,Dress codes are mainly geared towards girls. Dress codes are unfair to girls""and underestimate boys' maturity.
It suggests that school"s priority is to create an ideal learning environment for guys, while ignoring factors that may help girls learn. Boys should learn how to control themselves at a young age.
The problem is not of girls dress and sometimes, but rarely, guys. Also, in a time where so many girls dislike the way they look, which is in middle or high school, schools should not enforce dress codes that practically shame the human body. The dress code is more distracting than clothes people wear without it.
Sexualizing the shoulders and legs of teen and preteen girls is downright creepy, and the message that this ultimately sends to girls is:
"If boys stare at you, it is your fault and you should feel ashamed for it. Also, it is your responsibility that the boys are not distracted - it's not like boys can control themselves or anything. Your body is inherently sexual. We don't care if your education is disrupted. It's the boys' education that matters".
jdwest9817

Con

I am arguing in favor of the current dress code, but I'm willing to change my mind if I hear good arguments against the dress code. First off, school dress code promotes a more serious school atmosphere which emphasizes academics. Secondly, school dress codes can also save money, as there will be less pressure to keep up with expensive trends and fashions. Thirdly, school dress code reduces the prevalence of certain behaviors which are often expressed through wardrobe such as violence or promiscuity. Also in high school, it's a big issue and I encountered it, but I'll get to that in the second round
Posted by RR-MKIV 8 months ago
RR-MKIV
Anyone else think its sexist that Pro automatically assumes the stance that males are crazed sex bots who all have a fetish for female shoulders? Eh? Ehhhh?
Posted by Jonbonbon 8 months ago
Jonbonbon
Lol at my school it was the opposite. Girls could wear virtually whatever they wanted as long as it obeyed all the finger rules or whatever. But all the guys were required to wear a polo and khakis or a dress shirt and slacks. No exceptions.