doppler
MissConception

Are four leaf clovers lucky?

doppler

Pro

Since I have found a four leaf clover my life has totally improved. I feel better....I look better....I can jump higher.....I smell better....Life is awesome. I want to move to Ireland and run for prime minister.
MissConception

Con

First of all, I hope you weren't associating your urge to move to Ireland with the four leaf clover because the national emblem of Ireland is in fact a Shamrock, the two are not the same.
In response to your question, no they are not lucky. The only luck involved in finding a four leaf clover is that you actually found one. Its actually bad luck because by finding one that's pretty much all your luck used up for a while . Sorry to rain on your parade but your sudden bursts of happiness are simply a mirage that your mind has created thanks to your strong belief in the four leaf clover myth.
doppler

Pro

The shamrock is a three-leaved clover; the plant was used by Saint Patrick to illustrate the doctrine of the Trinity. It has subsequently become a national symbol of Ireland as you state. The three leaves of the "shamrock" represent the three persons of the Trinity. Moving on to the four leaf clover, which is not related to the shamrock, what about it brings good luck besides my story? It is estimated that, on average, there are 10,000 three leaf clovers for every instance of a true four leaf clover. Truly having one in one's pocket must count for good luck and we are not talking about Lucky Charms in a cereal box here. Since the operative number here is four, the history behind these lucky charms clearly must be different from the Trinitarian tradition behind the shamrock. Indeed, it is widely believed that the significance invested in them pre-dates Christianity, going back to the pagan period, when the Celts attributed great potency to them. It was the Druids (Celtic priests) who elevated four leaf clovers to the status of good-luck charms, allegedly potent against malevolent spirits. Their status as Celtic charms is the origin of the modern belief in their power to bestow good luck which is clear by my tale (I do smell much better BTW). What do four leaf clovers mean? Besides good luck, they are said to stand for faith, hope and love all that fills me and my tales. Besides".I am happy and want to share my lucky four leaf clover, not a shamrock. With my luck, faith, hope and love that fill me from my pocket who is better to serve the fine people of Ireland? I feel like eating Lucky Charms, running, jumping and ruling!
MissConception

Con

MissConception forfeited this round.
doppler

Pro

doppler forfeited this round.
MissConception

Con

MissConception forfeited this round.