Stage13-10
Hydregion12345

Are genders like 'mayonnaise' a load of nonsense?

Stage13-10

Pro

Remember the infamous "is mayonnaise a gender" incident on tumblr?
https://www.google.com... It was hilarious, but it has a point: these genders are nonsensical, and what'd happen if you called yourself 'mayonnaise' in public? Well, you'd not be taken seriously, for starters, and then it all goes downhill from there. I suggest not using these genders (if you can call them genders) in the real world.
Note: I am NOT talking about genders like: Bigender, Agender, and Genderfluid.
Hydregion12345

Con

It may be ridiculous and dumb to say in public, but if they want to be considered a "mayonnaise" then whatever floats their boat
Stage13-10

Pro

Yeah, no. It doesn't work like that. No one's going to take them seriously if they call themselves a "mayonnaise".
Unless you want them to be made fun of, I suggest not allowing them to do that. And since "whatever floats their boat", now everyone, call me whatever offensive thing you can find.
Hydregion12345

Con

No one took women seriously when they first demanding the right to vote, they were also made fun of and were suggested not to do it.

We live in a rapidly changing time, so when people decide to be considered as a "mayonnaise" then we have to learn to deal with it. After all, it isn't illegal.
Stage13-10

Pro

Wait a minute. How can objects become genders? And I doubt anyone will go the extreme length to accept mayonnaise as a gender, (which it's not) without looking like an idiot. Gender is determined by many things, and objects and other animals do not fit at what determines gender at all.

"No one took women seriously when they first demanding the right to vote" Of course they didn't. But they allowed them to do that. But I don't think it's going to happen with this new "mayonnaise" trend fiasco.

Who would decide to consider themselves a "mayonnaise"? As a joke, I can believe, but in reality? Again, ridicule, insults, and humiliation. If you want to consider yourself a "mayonnaise", by then, do it. But don't expect people to take you seriously with this "mayonnaise" garbage.
Hydregion12345

Con

Hydregion12345 forfeited this round.
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
SNP1
@snkcake666

I am, somewhat, more in line with this idea.
The identity of self is in the brain. If the brain says female but the body says male, then which is it?
Since, theoretically, one could live as just a brain hooked up to machines while maintaining a sense of self (one cannot do that with a body lacking a brain), I would say that the identity located in the brain should have slight precedence over identity of the body (when neurological).
Posted by snkcake666 1 year ago
snkcake666
Though in that sense, could it not be a physical disorder? It is a misalignment between mentality and physicality after all. So theoretically either could be true for that matter.
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
SNP1
Nice ad hom, can I have another?
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Sex is biological, but if your gender differs from your sex, that means you have a mental disorder. If you identify as something you're not, for example a Socialist claiming he is intelligent, then that means you have a mental disorder. Just saying...
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
SNP1
@bballcrook21

Are you talking about gender or sex?
Gender is the self-identification that is based on your brain's structure.
Sex is biological identification based on genitalia.
Posted by snkcake666 1 year ago
snkcake666
Gender define (from Google):
1.
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

Just saying...
Posted by Stage13-10 1 year ago
Stage13-10
I thought this was a comment section, not a miniature debate.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Your chromosomes define your gender. If you have an irregularity, that means it's a disorder. If you have a part of your brain that doesn't work, that means you have a mental disorder. Thanks for proving me right btw.
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
SNP1
I say you can identify as no gender if, for example, the part of your brain that deals with gender identity isn't working at all.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
@SNP1

Yeah, they are retarded too. You're either male or female, and you can't be neither or both.