danielawesome12
TheGamer1998

Are ghosts real?

danielawesome12

danielawesome12

Con

I don't believe ghosts are real and would like scientific proof in your argument, good luck Pro.
TheGamer1998

Pro

Science is not what concludes ghosts, I wish you good luck con
danielawesome12

Con

I believe that ghosts aren't real and the only reason it's promoted by media is to make money. Ghosts hunting shows are fake, and theirs absolutely no scientific proof. Scary ghost videos have become a dime a dozen, with the advances in technology that make it easy for the average person to be able to buy software to edit a video to turn a seemingly normal scenario into a scary ghost video. Most ghost videos aren't scary and are even laughable laughable. Many videos claiming to be real scary ghost videos are obviously use special effects and others are so subtle and well done you really can believe they are actual scary ghost videos. With video mainly digital now, authenticating scary ghost videos is almost impossible using the old technique of checking the actual film for spliced or painted frames. There are several shows that deal in ghosts and scary ghost videos. Ghost Hunters on the SciFi channel features a team of ghost hunters recording in a supposed haunted place and they sometimes make scary ghost videos. Another show that features scary ghost videos is Haunted Travels on the Travel Channel. Haunted Travels explores all the supposed haunted places and sometimes are lucky to obtain scary ghost videos of the location that they are featuring. There are also many websites on the internet that feature scary ghost videos. When looking for scary ghost videos on the internet, be careful, there are several that tell you to pay close attention to the screen and to turn your volume up and then as you are staring at the screen a scary face with pop on screen and yell, scaring you. (If we actually had legit ghost videos they would be all over Yahoo, Fox, NBC ETC.)
http://www.toysrus.com...
http://www.zazzle.com...
http://www.backstreetmerch.com...
TheGamer1998

Pro

Science can never explain everything, ghosts are real, I have already encountered a couple myself, for proof, look atn this webiste: http://www.yourghoststories.com... ; They do not permitt fake ghosts stories and will only post real ones. One of mine happens to be on there, I never lie when it comes to activity of the paranormal, everytime I feel a burp, I suddenly stop breathing and my lungs close up not taking in any air, the burp feeling suddenly disappears afterwards. Explain this when I was little, it was too warm for any breeze to be going, I was roller blading home with my siblings when I suddenly fell, my roller blade wheels usually toss aside tiny pebbles and there were no rocks or holes where I was at, yet when I was getting back up, I feel a chill over my left hand, I looked and nothing was there, there was also no wind what so ever. The impact of my right knee on the flat concrete ended with blood, the impact wasn't hard enough to cover my whols knee in blood, yet when I looked, my whole knee was splettered in blood. Explain to me how that can happen on too warm of a day for wind to be flowing.
danielawesome12

Con

"I have already encountered a couple myself, for proof, look atn this webiste: http://www.yourghoststories.com...;
1. you failed to spell at and website correctly.
2. I could post a ghost story on this website so how is your source valid.

"I was roller blading home with my siblings when I suddenly fell, my roller blade wheels usually toss aside tiny pebbles and there were no rocks or holes where I was at, yet when I was getting back up, I feel a chill over my left hand, I looked and nothing was there, there was also no wind what so ever. The impact of my right knee on the flat concrete ended with blood, the impact wasn't hard enough to cover my whols knee in blood, yet when I looked, my whole knee was splettered in blood. Explain to me how that can happen on too warm of a day for wind to be flowing."

So your argument here is that flying spirits are here on the earth, yet have never been videotaped, and have nothing to do except attack a 14 year old Boy? In addition with a valid argument and source I would also like you to post a valid refutation.
TheGamer1998

Pro

"You have failed to spell this website"
1. I did not fail to spell the name correctly.
2. "Have nothing to do except attack a 14 year old boy?"
I may be fourteen but you failed to read what I wrote, I had written "When I was little"

3. Ghosts do as they please, there is an afterlife but most choose to stay on earth and watch over there families. They will check your background information on any website they can, there is no doubt that ghosts are real, I have encountered them before, even felt one pass by my back sending a major chill down my spine. Ghosts do not appear on video because they don't show themselves, they choose who they show themselves to and who they don't. You can not just command a ghost to show itself, you have to be in areas where people have died, such as: Alcatraz, prisons; pretty much any place that is abandoned is where you can find a ghost, or as some prefer, spirits. They can show y form they want as they have no pure form. Tell me, if you have a cat, does it hiss or claw at what seems to be thin air, cats sense the spirits among us, as do dogs, dogs bark at the spirits, there is no Science behind ghosts, only mystery. A I have said before, science isn't able to solve everything that happens. Such as mysterious face in your mirrors ,you look around your house, there is no one there. Science is not everything real, there are unexplained deaths all around the world as well. I conclude the theory that ghosts are real.
Posted by TheGamer1998 3 years ago
TheGamer1998
Thanks Massive
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
If it's any consolation, this is a definite improvement from your previous debates, gamer :D
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
While voting is meant to be objective thus will favor pro, it does not invalidate any of your experiences.

If you argue this subject again, I suggest trying to shorten the needed leap of faith. Basically unless you have absolute proof, try to build a case to imply they might be real. Also personal experience is objectively the least reliable piece of evidence, while in a jury case it's great because it's emotional, on a blank wall of text it doesn't get traction... Whereas citing some public figure, appeals to our sense of authority.
Posted by adontimasu 3 years ago
adontimasu
You probably should have prompted Pro to begin the debate in Round 1. That way, Con isn't starting the debate by trying to prove a negative claim.
Posted by TheGamer1998 3 years ago
TheGamer1998
I apologize if anyone thinks this is a fail debate, I had accepted the challenge just to get it over with.
Vote Placed by PonyGirl 3 years ago
PonyGirl
danielawesome12TheGamer1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I just don't belive in them. I never saw one that's probably why. And if there were ghost, they would be killing actors for being in ghost movies
Vote Placed by Logan94 3 years ago
Logan94
danielawesome12TheGamer1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: You fell down, it happens! You were fourteen. Also that cool feeling on your hand, that is the feeling that you often get when you have impacted an area of your body that will bruise. Pro need real evidence
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
danielawesome12TheGamer1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter AgentRocks.
Vote Placed by AgentRocks 3 years ago
AgentRocks
danielawesome12TheGamer1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I think that ghosts are fake because why would ghost be real?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
danielawesome12TheGamer1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Sources: Would be tied, but having visited pro's source I read this "We have stopped accepting submissions of the incubus/succubus/sexual ghost type, as they seem to attract people more interested in publishing fiction;" plus con caught this weak source. Arguments: Had con said nothing, pro would have still not reached his BoP. Assuming his personal accounts are true, there is no connection made between it being unexplained, and the answer needing to be ghosts (or even likely to be). Thank you both for not turning this into a troll debate.
Vote Placed by Nyx999 3 years ago
Nyx999
danielawesome12TheGamer1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I personally believe ghosts are real, or not really the type of ghosts everybody else believes in, but an energy, but Con is right, that all ghost hunting shows are smoke and mirrors, and Pro, I'm guessing all the ghost stories on that website are fakes.
Vote Placed by justin.graves 3 years ago
justin.graves
danielawesome12TheGamer1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con completely whooped Pro who used circular reasoning and faulty sources. As well as ATROCIOUS grammar.
Vote Placed by Rational_Thinker9119 3 years ago
Rational_Thinker9119
danielawesome12TheGamer1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not have to do much to win as all Pro had was a flimsy website and bare assertions. Con had more sources as well.