hnaig19
TheismDown

Are gun rights good or bad.

hnaig19

Pro

I believe gun rights are good and they should stay the same.
TheismDown

Con

Hello,I'm against guns being legal because they aren't the only ways of protecting yourself or your family,especially if you own like an assault riffle or a shotgun,as if a simple pistol isn't enough.
I would like to point out that crime would reduce with the banning of guns.Most school shootings happen because kids take their parents guns.Getting guns in an illegal way is not really easy,not to mention the price would go up.

These are the bases of my argument,but i'd also like to point out that i grew up in a pretty redneck community where every now and then someone sleeps with someone's wife and they end up shooting each other down.This would't happen if they didn't have access to guns,sure they would fight but by making a shooting in the middle of town it's putting everyone in danger.I support guns for hunting,but self defense isn't only achieved by possessing guns.
I'd recommend a good home security system,a taser,any sort of martial art skill and not a weapon capable of murder used in wars.

Also non-related just a fun fact:murdering someone out of self defense is a ticket to hell,i asked a priest.
hnaig19

Pro

hnaig19 forfeited this round.
TheismDown

Con

TheismDown forfeited this round.
hnaig19

Pro

hnaig19 forfeited this round.
TheismDown

Con

TheismDown forfeited this round.
Posted by Manuforti33 2 years ago
Manuforti33
Let me preface this that I do not own a gun, but I do have a license. I certainly agree that we should have the right to own guns here in the United States. From a legal perspective, the 2nd Amendment is just about as cut and dry, not subject to as much ambiguity or interpretation as there is in the Constitution. Thats as much as there really needs to be said about it but from a practical perspective, making guns 'illegal' would simply result in criminals being the only ones with guns. Someone who robs people at gunpoint isn't going to say "oh well since guns are illegal I better not use one". It would only result in legal, responsible gun owners not being allowed to have them.

All of this being said, I don't disagree that there could be better safeguards put in place. More thorough background checks for all gun purchases would be a good idea. Its a solid compromise. Allowing responsible legal gun owners to have guns while taking better steps to ensure they are not being sold to people with bad intentions. Will that solve gun crime? No. Neither will making guns illegal, which would be much worse in my opinion.