The Instigator
dinosn
Pro (for)
Tied
0 Points
The Contender
AERY
Con (against)
Tied
0 Points

Are humans innately good (con/against), or innately evil (pro/for).

Do you like this debate?NoYes+1
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 0 votes the winner is...
It's a Tie!
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 12/16/2015 Category: Society
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 366 times Debate No: 83998
Debate Rounds (3)
Comments (0)
Votes (0)

 

dinosn

Pro

Hello! I'm very new to this site so please bear with if there are any informality's or anything that isn't correct. I look forward to a response.

This debate will discuss the topic of: Are humans innately good, or innately evil.

I will be debating for the, "pro," side, or, "humans are innately evil."

Round 1: Acceptance and stating position
Round 2: Stating position, facts, evidence, etc.
Round 3: Rebuttals

Good Luck!

AERY

Con

Hello, I look forward to our debate!
So you think that human beings are innately evil then? That certainly is a very common view (given the fact of how our world is). I agree that we all have some "dark side" within, but we have a good one too; the fact that I'm debating with you is that I think that the not only we have to take our "gray" innate personalities as well as the environment, which also has a large influence over us.
Lets go to round 2 then.
Debate Round No. 1
dinosn

Pro

Humans, as a whole, while not all of us are pure evil, are driven to crave success and to be on top. This leads many to be evil and do evil things. Big companies (ie: Fortune 500 CEO's and the like) are constantly cutting employees, lowering wages, and automating processes wherever possible in order to push their profits and lower overhead. Fortune 500 oil companies destroy countries, some economically and some environmentally, and most have both. In Nigeria, the Niger Delta has been utterly destroyed by oil mining, and 99% of profits from the drilling goes into the pockets of the top 1% of the country's most powerful. Though the other 99% are some of the poorest in Africa. In ancient times, Pharaohs and Monarchs would hire or enslave millions of citizens to build monuments to their rule. During his time, Genghis Khan was (and still is) the single most ruthless and evil man to have ever lived. There were rumors that he had killed his sibling over a simple fried fish. Khan led his troops to "battle" versus innocent villagers to rape women, kidnap children, and kill men. He marched across Asia amassing a huge army and capturing military strongholds because of his inner evil and lust for power and wealth. Hitler has become synonymous with "evil" after he acted on his thoughts. Hitler and his high generals ordered troops to march into neighboring countries (and later Russia) to take over their resources and purge their Jewish population. Sixty million people died in World War Two, six million of those casualties being Jewish, all for the promise of a bigger, better, more powerful Germany. Hitler thought what he was doing was right even until he shot himself. His pure evil and greed were his ultimate demise however, he wasn't a military strategist after all.

These are some extreme examples. Not everybody is on par with Adolf Hitler, an Egyptian Pharaoh, Genghis Khan, or a Fortune 500 big-wig. But every thing I've said has brought me to this point. In their time, everyone would rather be them. Everyone who has, does, or will live is evil to some degree inside, and they would rather be sitting on top comfortably than holding up the chair from the bottom.
AERY

Con

AERY forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 2
dinosn

Pro

dinosn forfeited this round.
AERY

Con

AERY forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 3
No comments have been posted on this debate.
No votes have been placed for this debate.