Then
Rational_Thinker9119

Are humans the most intelligent life forms on the planet?

Rational_Thinker9119

Then

Pro

My stand on this topic is that yes, humans are the most intelligent lif forms on the planet. This is because to date, no other life form has been proven to be smarter that their human counterparts.I look forward to hearing my challengers reply.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

His first argument is just an argument from ignorance. In order for my opponent to meet his burden of proof, he would have to show that there are not Aliens on Earth who hide by looking like us. If this is the case, then humans are not the most intelligent life forms on the planet. Since his argument rests on the notion that there are not extremely intelligent beings on Earth who look like us to blend in, and he has not shown that these Aliens on Earth do not exist; the burden of proof has not been established.
Then

Pro

My opponent is also making his argument out of ignorance. Surely if there really were aliens on earth, why else would they be here but to collect intelligence for a invasion however, scientists have theorised that aliens have been visiting Earth for millions of years surely they would have gathered enough information to launch an invasion force. However, they have not as my opponent claims that aliens are still hiding on Earth. Why is this so?
This is so because humans are so intelligent that we are constantly improving our technologies and thus, aliens have no choice but to continue surveying our planet.
Now, let me move on to if there are no aliens on earth.So far there have not been any solid proof that there are aliens on Earth.My opponent will have to prove that there really is solid proof of aliens on Earth before going about his argument.If there are no aliens on Earth, then humans really are the most intelligent life forms on Earth.After all, we have learnt how to evolve faster than any other animal on the planet, turning from the hunted into the hunter.
With that, I hand it over to my opponent to defend his stance.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

"My opponent is also making his argument out of ignorance."

Not really. I am not making any positive claims, I am just undermining your argument (you have the BoP to establish the resolution).

"Surely if there really were aliens on earth, why else would they be here but to collect intelligence for a invasion however, scientists have theorised that aliens have been visiting Earth for millions of years surely they would have gathered enough information to launch an invasion force. However, they have not as my opponent claims that aliens are still hiding on Earth. Why is this so?"

Maybe they are just curious, and hold knowledge of life in high regard. There is no reason to believe that if there are Aliens on Earth, that they are malevolent.

"This is so because humans are so intelligent that we are constantly improving our technologies and thus, aliens have no choice but to continue surveying our planet."

If Aliens can get here from another habitable planet, when we are not even close to that; it seems self-evident that they would be much more vastly intelligent than us.

"Now, let me move on to if there are no aliens on earth. So far there have not been any solid proof that there are aliens on Earth."

Appeal to ignorance fallacy. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence necessarily. Even if there is no proof of these Aliens on Earth, that doesn't mean they don't exist.

"My opponent will have to prove that there really is solid proof of aliens on Earth before going about his argument."

Not at all. You never specified that the BoP is shared. This is shifting the burden of proof.

"If there are no aliens on Earth, then humans really are the most intelligent life forms on Earth."

Yes. However, you have not shown that there are not Aliens on Earth.

"After all, we have learnt how to evolve faster than any other animal on the planet, turning from the hunted into the hunter."

True.

"With that, I hand it over to my opponent to defend his stance."

My stance is made. You have not established that humans the most intelligent life forms on the planet, thus, the resolution has not been established.
Then

Pro

Well, if aliens really do exist, why have they not shown themselves? After doing some further research, I have discovered that since 10,000 years ago, there have been sightings of aliens on earth! This was proven by carvings discovered on cave walls which show images of alien craft.
However, why have aliens not tried to communicate with us? This may be because they do not have a proper language. This would prove that aliens are not smarter than us in the fact that although they have well-developed technologies, they are not smart enough to invent a proper language.
At this stage of the debate, I find it fitting to remind my opponent that I was talking about humans being the most intelligent life forms on the Earth and not in the universe. So, technically, as aliens do not originate from Earth, they cannot be considered to be a life form on Earth.
Thus, humans are the most intelligent life forms on the Earth.
With that I rest my case.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

Rebutting My Opponent

"Well, if aliens really do exist, why have they not shown themselves?"

Perhaps they prefer hiding, or remaining unknown in order not to frighten us, and harm our way of life or culture. The above just another obvious appeal to ignorance from Pro.

"After doing some further research, I have discovered that since 10,000 years ago, there have been sightings of aliens on earth! This was proven by carvings discovered on cave walls which show images of alien craft.
However, why have aliens not tried to communicate with us?"

Their have been many military officials who have come forward and claimed that Aliens have been communicating with the government. I am not saying I believe it, but remember the BoP.

"This may be because they do not have a proper language. This would prove that aliens are not smarter than us in the fact that although they have well-developed technologies, they are not smart enough to invent a proper language."

Maybe they do have a proper language, only we cannot understand it.

"At this stage of the debate, I find it fitting to remind my opponent that I was talking about humans being the most intelligent life forms on the Earth and not in the universe."

Yes, and I find it fitting to remind my opponent that I asserted the possibility that these Aliens are on Earth right now (whether underground, on Area 51, or disguised as humans). If this is the case, then humans are not the most intelligent life forms on the planet. Pro has the BoP, and did not sufficiently rule this option out. Thus, the resolution has not been affirmed.

"So, technically, as aliens do not originate from Earth, they cannot be considered to be a life form on Earth."

Not true. It would not matter whether they originated on Earth or not, if they (a more intelligent race) are on Earth now, then they are the most intelligent life forms on the planet. The resolution speaks nothing on the origin of the life forms.

Pro has the BoP, the BoP is not shared. This means, that I do not have to prove that humans are not the most intelligent life forms on the planet. All I have to do is undermine my opponent's arguments that human beings are the most intelligent life forms on the planet. I argued that perhaps highly intelligent race of Aliens exist with humans on this planet, and they are so intelligent, that they can live here without the masses knowing. Pro never ruled this out, thus the resolution was not established. Vote Con.
Posted by Jebediah-Kerman 3 years ago
Jebediah-Kerman
The debate should be titled Are Humans the most intelligent life forms to of originated on Earth?
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Well, I couldn't consider Humans as the mot intelligent life on the planet, we haven't devised an Intelligence (rationality) test for dolphins and whales as yet.
Yet, we do appear to be the life form that has the most complex, highly developed brain, which can lead us to becoming totally delusional and Irrational, which reduces our Intelligence.

Though: Religious Fundamentalists are the least Intelligent life forms on the Planet, probably below that of microbes, which are likely more Rational.
Posted by xenkenny 3 years ago
xenkenny
Really? Aliens?

Do you not understand how large the universe is, and how incredibly ridiculous that sounds?

Anyway, ridiculous debate that went from an obvious Pro, to alien superstition.
Posted by Zhege 3 years ago
Zhege
I agree with rjkiaser0916 that Con has failed to prove Aliens coexist with humans. It's Pro's burden to prove we are the most intelligent life forms on the planet, yet there is no proof that aliens are amongst the life forms on the planet, be it on soil or in salt water, for him to argue against.
Posted by rjkiaser0916 3 years ago
rjkiaser0916
con has failed to prove that Aliens coexist with humans, and is basing his arguments off of assumptions,
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
ThenRational_Thinker9119Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Simple enough Pro did not meet his BOP. Con challenged him to show proof and he merely argued from personal opinions and did not show any evidence to resolve the resolution. As con stated when he accepted this debate, he is merely taking the challenge to undermine pros stance. Pro offered no resolution to this. So arguments con
Vote Placed by HeartOfGod 3 years ago
HeartOfGod
ThenRational_Thinker9119Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro had the burden of proof and he did not prove that there are not really smart aliens living with us right now, and that are just good at hiding. con wins.
Vote Placed by Milliarde 3 years ago
Milliarde
ThenRational_Thinker9119Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Although there was little substance in this debate, Pro was the only one who truly made an argument. Basically that we haven't found any other species that's smarter than humans, and if there are aliens we aren't aware. Therefore it's likely that there are no aliens as we have no compelling evidence otherwise.
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
ThenRational_Thinker9119Tied
Reasons for voting decision: It's like everything's a votebomb nowadays.
Vote Placed by HostileBelief 3 years ago
HostileBelief
ThenRational_Thinker9119Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This argument from "Then" is just silly. Actually it's been scientifically proven that dolphins are actually more intelligent than us.