kyrmahon
TUF

Are kids more chatty with there friends???

TUF

kyrmahon

Pro

Yes I think kids are more chatty with friends because they can talk about there day, gossip, relationship, or just plain talk.
TUF

Con

I would like to argue against the topic, Kids are more chatty when they are with their friends.

Most children will talk most around there parents. Kids generally and typically like to gain their parents approval, and will do just about anything to make their parents proud of them.

http://www.greatschools.org...

Children will talk about a numerous amount of things while being in the presence of their parents and family, in whom they love and trust often more then their friends.

Let's establish that the age group for these children is around 3-6.

Of course my argument isn't true for every child, thus cannot be viewed as a general concensus, but the resolution and my opponents opponening argument seem to prove this debate will be based around general concensus rather that statistical proof that every child responds the same behaviourly. SO what we must establish, is the behavioral patterns of most children, in this debate.

I look forward to my opponents response.
kyrmahon

Pro

I think kids are more trustworthy of there friends. Would you go up to your mom and gossip?? Say something dramatic happened wouldn't you talk to your friends before parents?? My teacher got sick in class today and went to the hospital I had many conversations with my friends, but only one with my mom. Why would you take school stuff home. Are you going to go home and tell your parents everything that happened, No.

I look forward to seeing my opponents response.
TUF

Con

=====REBUTTALS======

"I think kids are more trustworthy of there friends. Would you go up to your mom and gossip??"

I thought these were kid's we are talking about? It's true teenagers would prefer to gossip to their friends than their parents. But as I paraprhases in R1 let's assume the kids are around the age of 3-6. Most kids will share things about their life with their parents, as parents act as role models in this stage of their life. This is where children learn their behvaior, and personal beliefs. Children at this age need to be under direct supervision for their entire life, thus their parents being the ones constantly around them, children will be more inclined to talk about their lives and ask questions to their parents.

"Say something dramatic happened wouldn't you talk to your friends before parents??"

In a childs life, I can't see something so dramatic happening that would rather tell kids at school about then their parents. Especially if the teacher became sick. The first thing a kid is going to do is run home to their parents and let them know that since the teacher is sick, there will be no school! Again, at this age in a childs life, the inclination for gossip with friends is limited. Most kids have more trust in their parents, in whom they have been around for the majority of their lives.

"Why would you take school stuff home?"

On the contrary, why wouldn't you?

kyrmahon

Pro

http://kidshealth.org...

You probably talk to friends way more than you talk to your parents. That's natural. Even if you and your parents have a great relationship, you want to find your own path and make your own choices.

Still, most of us want a parent's help, advice, and support at times. But talking to the adults in your life can seem difficult or intimidating , " especially when it comes to certain subjects.

http://logansgem.hubpages.com...

A friend called me the other day lamenting how her 7 year old son, who is in the 2nd grade, would not stop talking in class. He always had glowing reports from his teachers in and 1st grade, so she was quite surprised when he came home with a note from his 2nd grade teacher on the 1st day of school that said he talked too much. By the sixth week into the school year, her son was receiving a note almost daily. He just would not stop talking in class!
TUF

Con

====REBUTTALS====

"You probably talk to friends way more than you talk to your parents. That's natural. Even if you and your parents have a great relationship, you want to find your own path and make your own choices."

Again, like I said before, most kids around the age group we are talking about, will find more safety and comfort in talking to the ones they have grown up to be role models as. Their parents are the ones who have raised them and have taught them to be everything they are. I agree that in one point in a child's life, they will find more happiness in consulting with their friends. But as a child, they will definitely consult more with their parents.

In fact, a lot of kids are more shy and quiet at school, and some will ONLY talk with their parents.
http://www.greatschools.org...

"Still, most of us want a parent's help, advice, and support at times. But talking to the adults in your life can seem difficult or intimidating , especially when it comes to certain subjects."

I think the 'certain subjects' you are referring to, usually is not an issue until a lot later in a childs life. Again, you must be talking about teenagers. A child generally will ask their parents question after question, and literally bombard their parents with them.

http://www.scottcounseling.com...

"A friend called me the other day lamenting how her 7 year old son, who is in the 2nd grade, would not stop talking in class. He always had glowing reports from his teachers in and 1st grade, so she was quite surprised when he came home with a note from his 2nd grade teacher on the 1st day of school that said he talked too much. By the sixth week into the school year, her son was receiving a note almost daily. He just would not stop talking in class!"

You are taking one individual student and making him/her the majority. Every class will have that one student who will be explicitly chatty. But what about the rest of the childred? Are they all getting notes in class as well? I wouldn't think so. From my memory of grade school, it was a complete reversal of that. Sure kids would talk to each other, but enough to say that it was more than they would talk in a home life?

Not so much.

====CONCLUSION====

I feel that I have properly upheld my burden as Con for this debate. I have succesfully proven that kids are more talkative at home then at school. The age group my opponent should be more focused on, should be teenagers, as they are more likely to be chatty around their friends. However children at this age, will always have more trust and love in the ones that raised them; Their role models.

I feel for all of the reasons above, that I have won this debate.

Please vote CON.

Thankyou.
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
go ahead, i need to lay off the trolling of debates here
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
God so want to grammar troll this debate....
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
wtf are you trying to accomplish with this BS debate???
Posted by kyrmahon 5 years ago
kyrmahon
PLEASE HELP Me!!!!
Vote Placed by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
kyrmahonTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: .... I thought Pro was right, but looking at this debate, I must agree with Con. Con gets conduct since Pro kept arguing about teenagers and not 3-6 year old kids. Con gets arguments since he adequately showed why kids talk more with parents rather than kids. Lastly, Con gets sources since he used more and better sources.
Vote Placed by SarcasticIndeed 5 years ago
SarcasticIndeed
kyrmahonTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't think a RFD is needed here. Tuf did create his own rules, but he was still better than Pro. Simply a noob snipe.
Vote Placed by PlanetTutTutTurtle 5 years ago
PlanetTutTutTurtle
kyrmahonTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: tuf created his own rules as he went along, but had better arguments. they were pretty close on sources.
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
kyrmahonTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con effectively showed that young kids are more trusting around their parents; therefore, they are more "chatty" with their parents than friends.
Vote Placed by Buddamoose 5 years ago
Buddamoose
kyrmahonTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct is a tie. Im givin a point to kyrmahon for the effort, Con gave more convincing arguments, as the topic was kids, not teenagers.
Vote Placed by thett3 5 years ago
thett3
kyrmahonTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Nice noob snipe.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
kyrmahonTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Writing an RFD is a waste of time...