WalterSobchak
GavinSucks

Are legal minimums the correct punishment for drug users?

WalterSobchak

Con

Drugs in our society have become more and more common in our day to day then ever before. Since the United States declared it's war on drugs, the U.S. has been breaking down hard on any users through using large minimum prison sentences. The original goal through establishing these minimum sentences was to incentives people to not get involved with drugs, in other words to scare them off. Since then the U.S. has the highest prison population in the world filled with drug offenders faced with severe punishments for minor crimes. About 60% of all drug offenders are subject to a mandatory minimum sentence and over half of them had little to no criminal record. Now with nearly half of our federal prisoners serving prison sentences for drugs offences it is about time we find a different solution for drug offenders. In the end the minimums seem to be too big of a punishment for people, who may have just made a mistake through getting involved.
GavinSucks

Pro

No because drug users are broken fax machines. People who believe drug users are to be igloos in a lava pit are descretion. Legal maximums are to be hit with baseball bats.
No I am not high while writing this.
I just wasted ten seconds of your life, thanks for reading!
https://www.youtube.com...
The link above describes my actual opinion completely.
WalterSobchak

Con

WalterSobchak forfeited this round.
GavinSucks

Pro

GavinSucks forfeited this round.
WalterSobchak

Con

WalterSobchak forfeited this round.
GavinSucks

Pro

GavinSucks forfeited this round.
Posted by GavinSucks 1 year ago
GavinSucks
All haters go to the poop deck!
Posted by Quan-Douglas 1 year ago
Quan-Douglas
I doubt you will be challenged as not a single sensible person believes in the pro. I hope you find someone.
Posted by robertacollier 1 year ago
robertacollier
"Drugs in our society have become more and more common in our day to day then ever before."

Your premise is flawed. At least for illegal drugs. Illegal drug use is generally down over the decades. If you're talking about giving dick-limping drugs to boys, then I'll buy your premise.
Posted by cec813 1 year ago
cec813
I would love to take this on, only I could not possibly argue to pro because it makes no sense
Posted by bman7720 1 year ago
bman7720
If only you were pro I would love to argue this debate. But I will be watching excitedly!