Are people born Gay?

My argument is that people are alwase born gay.
e. My belief (and experience) and my observance (having personally talked with HUNDREDS of men and women desiring to walk away from unwanted same sex attraction) is that the facts of truth do not bear witness to the current and popular conventional wisdom of this age concerning homosexuality. Let"s look at truth for a bit.
The Lowest Common Denominator
Sex is for procreation. Would everyone agree with that statement? Do I really need to say more? Sex, in its uttermost and ultimate form is for the express purpose of reproducing"for making babies. Of course, man in his wisdom, believes everything is about him and life is all about getting the most pleasure"leading mankind to pervert and co-opt the things of God in such away as to eradicate the reality of having to face his sinful nature. Perversion is simply taking something God intended for a holy purpose and using that something in an unholy or unnatural way. Sex is pleasurable"but its ultimate purpose is to reproduce the human race. Everything we do to preserve life was made pleasurable by God to insure that mankind would continue to thrive. We need water to survive"so He made it pleasurable to drink. We need food to survive"so He made food taste good and smell good, making it a pleasurable thing to do. We need to produce the next generation for our species to survive"so He made sex pleasurable.

We pervert our desires when we substitute something else to meet that need or when we go outside the boundaries God established for our own good. (As a side note, 10-15% of Americans identify themselves as alcoholics yet we do not consider this normal, do we? Why are we showing such preferential treatment to those who want to impose their desire that homosexuality be seen as a normal sexual behavior when only 1-2.8% of Americans identify as exclusively homosexual?) Alcoholics do not want to face their weakness. Overeaters or gluttons do not want to face their weakness. Homosexuals do not want to admit their weakness. Overcoming any addiction or disorder or sinful habit requires work"blood, sweat, and tears. Many give up simply because they cannot withstand the pressures fighting such a battle brings up. I can say this honestly as we have heard from the military world: freedom is not free.
Some facts
" Clinical professor of psychiatry at the Albert Einstein School of Medicine and past president of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality, Dr. Charles Socarides, argues that since psychologists and ministers have treated homosexuality with success, the genetic cause theory must be suspect. 3
" We have all heard bits and pieces from the famous "twin study" conducted in 1991 by psychologist Michael Bailey and psychiatrist Richard Pillar. But the truth of their own study flies in the face of conventional wisdom. This study attempted to show that homosexuality occurs more frequently among identical twins than fraternal twins. The interesting result is that the study actually provides support for ENVIRONMENTAL factors versus genetics. If homosexuality was a part of the genetic code then both identical twins would have been homosexual 100 percent of the time"but that was not what they discovered!
" Quite simply, THERE IS NO GAY GENE! Even openly homosexual researchers have come to that conclusion. In 1996, a research team of five led by Dean Hamer at the National Cancer Institute released a study that attempted to link homosexuality with a specific region of the X chromosome. Dean Hamer made the statement ""environmental factors play a role. There is not a single master gene that makes people gay." He went on to say, "I don"t think we will ever be able to predict who will be gay.
I will not belabor the point, but those who identify as homosexual are statistically at a higher risk of drug use, suicide, depression, and other emotional problems.14 In addition, in the October 1999 issue of Archives of General Psychiatry, research on the relationship between homosexuality and mental-health problems found that men with same-sex partners were 6.5 times as likely as their co-twin counterparts to have attempted suicide.15 "Homosexuality in America: Exposing the Myths", a report by Richard Howe exposes the very intentional lies promoted by the gay agenda. Howe writes, "The slick and somewhat successful public relations campaign hides the true face of the homosexual lifestyle. This can be demonstrated from two (indisputable) sources: former homosexuals who reveal what the typical homosexual lifestyle is like and videotapes of other homosexuals in certain public gatherings

People can be born gay, and yet they also can be gay over time. I believe that homosexuality is something within the brain, like Autism or OCD. I do not believe being gay is wrong, but it is a natural desire. Autism is a disease that makes patterns upon the brain and most autistic children are raised in a pattern also, like wake up at the same time, get dressed, take a shower, get to the bus, go to a store, go home, eat a meal, all at the same time period. A break in this can send them into a rage. OCD will make people freak out if they are not doing a project exactly perfect, or where things are in a room, a slight not positioned paper can send them into a rage. Gays will not fly into rages as far as I know but they will not be attracted to someone. It can be like anorexia, they will not feel the need to eat just like a gay man will not feel the attraction to a woman. As I said before, being gay is not a bad thing, it is not a disease like the things I am comparing it to but it is so to say a defect in the brain. Like when someone has a blow to the head and all of a sudden they are liking television show that they hated before, liking different foods and not being themselves. People can be born gay, not liking the opposite sex. I have a personal friend who wasn't gay then for a couple years, after a concussion, was gay, and after another, wasn't again. I restate my opening, people can be born gay, and yet they can also develop it over time.

The "Born Gay" statement is actually being exposed as false by homosexual researchers themselves. Homosexual researcher Dean Hamer, for example, notes that homosexuality is not "purely genetic"environmental factors play a role. There is not a single master gene that makes people gay." Homosexual researcher Simon LeVay, who attempted to find a genetic basis for homosexuality by examining the differences in the hypothalamus between "homosexual" and "heterosexual" males, has written: "I did"t show that gay men are born that way, the most common mistake people make in interpreting my work. Nor did I locate a gay center in the brain."

I don't believe that someone can be "born gay" however I do believe one can turn gay when he/she is older

Therapists who treat men and women struggling with same-sex attractions say that there are several consistent factors that contribute to the emergence of homosexuality: gender confusion in childhood, a failure to internalize maleness, and sexual abuse by a same-sex predator. Dr. Gregory Dickson, whose doctoral thesis is on the relationship between a mother and son in the development of homosexuality, found that 49% of the homosexuals he surveyed said they had been molested, compared to less than 2% of heterosexuals. Other research confirms what therapists have known for decades: Homosexuals are made, not born. And they are frequently "made" by older men who molest them as youngsters.

Counselor Dr. Robert Hicks, author of The Masculine Journey has some sobering thoughts on the real origins of homosexual attractions i quote ""In counseling gay men for twenty years, I have not had one yet whom I would say had a normative childhood or normative adolescent development in the sexual arena. More often than not I have found stories of abusive, alcoholic, or absent (physically and emotionally) fathers; stories of incest or first experiences of sex forced upon them by older brothers, neighborhood men, or even friends. I sometimes find these men have been early exposure to pornography".

It is worth repeating: Homosexuals are made, not born.

zackzack15 forfeited this round.

Also, if people are "born gay," please explain whether pedophiles were born that way and if not, why is there such an insistence that their behavior must have been learned or chosen, but that of heterosexuals and homosexuals could not have been?

I believe i have proven my point in an assortment of ways and so have you Thank you for debating with me :D

I apologize that i fortified the last round, I had some family matters come up and i couldn't get to the computer. I would like to answer my opponents question that if people are born gay, then are pedophiles born that way, and the answer is yes, some of them are, and these are the ones who feel remorse for what they do. They do not want to be doing what they do, but they can not help it. They are often the ones who will turn themselves in for what they have done. It is like serial killers, they is something different in there brain. Look at a picture of the guy who shot Gabby Giferds and tell me that he is not crazy. The brain is run on chemicals to make you feel emotion, like lust and love are caused by the same chemical release in the brain. Most people who are born gay do not want to be gay, so they go living, having girlfriends and having boyfriends, pretending that they are straight. Usually this will keep happening until they snap. This will usually happen when after they are married. There are a few ways that this will go, they could break up with their wife and be a full homosexual, or they could start going to gay bars, once in a while at first and then more and more until usually the wife finds out and leaves him or he leaves her. They can also go into a mad rage and either go killing people or they might abduct young boys and rape them, or young girls trying to tell himself that he is not gay but in the end he hates doing it. There is a big population of the homosexual community that will commit suicide over not wanting to be gay. Homosexuality is like dominoes, which is the main reason you have people claiming to be gay but not born gay. They will see someone who is gay and think,"Hey I am a lot like them, maybe I am gay......," and this thought will form in their mind until they feel like coming out of the closet, even though they are most likely not actually gay. Homosexuality is a mutation in the brain like anorexia or being a pedophile, they is something different in their brain releasing a different chemical than most other people. Thank you debating with me!
Posted by Kawaiilolitachan 3 years ago
I apologize i had i typo i meant people are NOT born gay this is my first time on here
Posted by MaqicDan 3 years ago
Where is the burden of proof..
Posted by zackzack15 3 years ago
So if I accept would I be arguing that people are born gay or are not