Are people only wanting to go to heaven for materialistic purposes?

I personally believe that a 'spirit of avarice' has entered the church and because of this people do not love God, but the riches of God.
I have read over a period of time multiple books of the Bible at a time and cross referenced the Bible to itself to find meanings and revelations.
I have come across a revelation that is still unknown to my carnal brothers and sisters.
Which is that 'glory' is the reward that we will receive, like Christ, and he will say to us, "You are my son and in you I am well pleased".
I'm not claiming to be Jesus' brother, which is a Mormon belief, I only claim what the Bible has said about itself and not from my own subjective interpretation.
If you look up the prosperity gospel you can literally taste the blasphemy against God every time they imply the we can "juice God" for money and blessings.
The attitude of the Church is becoming like the deceit of Eden where Satan told Eve, "You shall be like God", which is what many Charismatic and Prosperity gospel pastors teach and lie about.
If you truly love God you would desire to please him only and not crave the flesh(worldly pleasures).
Look at the word love in the Bible, does it imply to "have sexual feelings toward another" as defined by the American dictionary?
No the word 'Love', as the Bible put it, is,
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
By that standard 95% of American Christians don't love one another let alone God.
So if we do not love God...why do we want to go to heaven? Immortality? Materialism?
The only logical reason is selfishness and fear of God. Not the good fear of the Lord but the actual phobia of God and being sent to hell for not believing in His Son.
I do believe that people want to know God but they are afraid of the truth that he forgives them and that they need only to truly believe in Jesus, and it's good to walk in his footsteps.

The 52 year old man was screaming in agony as the sturdy wooden cross that he was nailed to, was raised above the crowds of christians in San pedro .Filipino ,Ruben Enaje ,re in-acted the crucifixion last year on good friday for his 27th time . In an article enaje told Reuters "we do this because of our faith, not because we are paid. Two years ago, I said that it would be the last time i would do it .But every time i did that my wife would get sick . I guess God wants me to continue this sacrifice as a life time vow"
This man and the two dozen more participants are perfect examples of people that truly love Jesus. They wanted to feel what he felt ,they wanted to see how much Jesus endured to save us.IF I did not think this act that Ruben did, was not one of love and complete obedience to God , i would be as blind as a one is with a blind fold wrapped tightly around his head. This man does not want to go to heaven because he intends to be rewarded with money or immortality . He has proven this by making a clear and painful statement by hanging suspended in the air FOR ALL TO SEE .I believe that most people would want to go to heaven to reunite with our maker who we were originally created for and by.
95% of american hypocrites do not love jesus or others? what an amazingly cruel thing to say for a christian .It is every mans nature to sin ,in romans 23 it states
"for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"
Every one is bound to sin, but that does not mean that that every one is condemned, not every one is consumed by material things.When we get to heaven , the most glories thing besides the compensation, is seeing our loved ones.Any human being in their right mind (christian or not) would save another if they had the choice to choose from them or a million dollars. In the bible it says
"They shall not labor in vain or bear children for calamity, for they shall be the offspring of the blessed of the Lord, and their descendants with them." meaning that when you go to heaven, every one that has obeyed Gods commandments,will be able to see their loved ones again. Thats why so many people wish to be living in the promise land brother,its because want to see their mum again , to see their wife again , to see their children safe and secure forever and ever amen.
Posted by Juan_Pablo 3 years ago
The truth is much of our underlying happiness comes from status and material possessions. Yes, it is somewhat disappointing to realize but truth is truth. It only makes sense that christian heaven would be a reflection of this underlying human want.

Other religions that conceive of heaven interpret it to be a place that will satisfy their human cravings. Muslims, in example, perceive heaven to be a place where numerous female virgins are offered to the men. This may appear shallow but it reflects what was perceived to be a source of happiness at the time. Alternative views of heaven are pretty diverse, but generally conceive it to be a human "paradise", free of pain and burden and supplied with human rewards. Some religions, such as Buddhism, do not conceive heaven to be a permanent place, and thus emphasis Nirvana (an enlightened mental state) instead of heavenly gratification.

It's my own view that the truth is much darker, and that humans can never genuinely be gratified, on this Earth or anywhere else.

Humans will simply have to learn the hard way (as many have been learning already) that life is at least tolerable for most people, even when their every want and need are not provided.