noname345
THsea

Are pitbulls good dogs?

noname345 has forfeited round #3.

noname345

Pro

I love pitbulls and will be pro (for) pitbulls
THsea

Con

Thank you for the opportunity to debate with you, Pro.

I accept and will be against the proposition that Pit Bulls are good dogs. My argument will be that the breed is neither good nor bad, they are dogs and can be fit anywhere on a landscape between "good" or "bad" dog.
noname345

Pro

I can understand your logic, but can't any dog be considers neither a "good" or "bad" dog? I've only seen people hate pit bulls because they are fighting dogs. Most of the time their owners influemce their behavior, just like any dog. I personally have been bitten by 2 pit bulls and they are currently 6 months old. My grown lab (now deceased) bit me a few times. Ive always loved pit bulls but they always get misunderstood due to others misconceptions. I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine.
THsea

Con

"I can understand your logic, but can't any dog be considers neither a "good" or "bad" dog? I've only seen people hate pit bulls because they are fighting dogs. Most of the time their owners influemce their behavior, just like any dog."

This certainly my stance. I don't attribute value judgments to Dogs, cats, or really any other creatures. Not in more cognizant moments anyway! I'm glad you see the reasoning in my position.

"I personally have been bitten by 2 pit bulls and they are currently 6 months old. My grown lab (now deceased) bit me a few times. Ive always loved pit bulls but they always get misunderstood due to others misconceptions. I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine."

I'm sorry you have been bitten, and for the loss of your late dog. Difficult situations, the latter especially. I also hope you know I respect your opinion. I hope you don't take my argument in a personal way, but here's my round two!

Maybe we should define what you mean by them being good dogs? I leave that up to you, btw. I'm sure there can be instances that they wouldn't be considered a "good" dog for a certain scenario... A dog owner that doesn't socialize their pit, which are very strong dogs! It gets out, a kid is walking his dachshund... And the Pit gets aggressive with the other dog, maybe the kid gets hurt or not. This wouldn't have to even an abusive owner, just negligent in this one aspect of the training. As a dog known to be more aggressive to other dogs, this dog would not be considered good for the environment. Easy to see that the owner is at fault, but I contend that the dog is not "good". If tendencies are bred into it that in many situations they find themselves in... The dog may not be bad, but it certainly isn't good. It's a shame, but doesn't make the dog a Saint.

I'll post sources and evidence if Pro asks for them, or uses any themselves. Not sure if you're just wanting a discussion or what... I'm up for whatever, we never really defined things and this seems like a really... Non-formal kind of dig, which is fine! Im new to this stuff myself.
Posted by THsea 10 months ago
THsea
amen brother
Posted by What50 10 months ago
What50
It's the owner that influence the dogs the most.