kfonseca93
esilva

Are police officers really what they seem?

kfonseca93

Con

Are police officers really what they seem? I want someone to argue why police officers are so special. This debate will have to be three full rounds and at least three thousand characters. Please keep it clean and do not take anything personally about what is said in the debate. Everyone talks about how police officers should be respected and they are so good and its such a big deal to be a police officer, but honestly don't they just abuse their power? I have many friends who are police officers and I just think that they all abuse their power. They take so long to come to a scene when ever you call them. But you see them turn on their lights just to run a red light. Everyone has this big illusion that police officers save people and they deal with so much. But isn't that just what movies have put in everyone mind? Other than movies, when have you seen a police officer do the things they do in movies. My uncle is the captain of the Police department and I have said it to him personally that most of his officers are corrupt and they do not care about what actually goes on. When I was working at a famous restaurant in my town, police officers use to park in front of the building, leave their cars on so the gps would be working, and they would be eating pizza and sitting there talking to my boss's for hours. They also turned off their walkie-talkies so they don't have to listen to the noise. Police officers are suppose to be there to protect you and to keep your community safe, but in my own opinion they don't do very much to do that. Maybe its just my town, but even in other cities or towns that I have been to, Its all been the same thing.
esilva

Pro

Police officers are what they seem. When something goes wrong who do you have to call? Obviously the police. Just a question how many times have you called the police for something. If your house got stolen who would you call, or if your car got stolen who would you call, it would be the police wouldn't it. And how do you know that the cop who turned on his lights to run a red was just simply doing that to pass everyone else? That's what you consider abusing power? As far as police officers sitting around doing nothing, maybe there wasn't anything serious going on in your town at that time. Or maybe they were on their lunch. Just because they sit there and have conversation doesn't mean that they're wrong for it. How many times do you see police officers standing at construction sites monitoring everything, or how about the police officers that are out late at night patrolling the city. They are there to keep you safe and they do come when you call. Maybe not in the five minutes you want them there but the do show up. Police officers also have a lot on their plate, they have to worry about they're partners and they chiefs put them under stress, I myself am not a cop but I don't think its easy.
kfonseca93

Con

Unfortunately I have no else to call if something dramatic happens like that. As a matter of fact, I had my car broken into my senior year of high school and I obviously had to call the police. I waiting around for an hour for someone to show up. I finally decided to call my uncle and told him what happened and a detective showed up there in the next ten minutes. Even then, the detective didn't seem like he really cared what was going on. I couldn't even count on my fingers and toes how many times I had to call the police to file noise complaints because of my neighbors and they said they would send someone over to deal with the problem and the police officers showed up two hours later, after I went out side and yelled at them to lower the music. And going back to the turning on the lights and running the light, he wasn't going any where important because, they ran one red light, waited at the second and stopped in front of a restaurant around the block from my house. Besides even my friends who are police officers and correctional officers think that they badge means they can do what ever they want when they are off duty. We go out and something goes wrong and it's automatically "yo I'm a cop, shut up" what does that have to do with anything? They are off duty. Of course police officers are entitled to lunch, but not when its everyday at different times. If it was at a consistent time, I wouldn't even think twice about it. But its different times everyday. They are here to keep me safe, it cracks me up, because I live in a city filled, but filled with violence and gangs and ridiculous things happening at night, but I can tell you every place that a cop sits at to catch people doing traffic violations instead of looking or trying to solve these problems.
esilva

Pro

esilva forfeited this round.
kfonseca93

Con

kfonseca93 forfeited this round.
esilva

Pro

esilva forfeited this round.
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
I take one sh*t before a debate and someone already accepts it >.<
Posted by Microsuck 5 years ago
Microsuck
Imabench, plz demonstrate.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Always demonstrate.
Posted by TheDiabolicDebater 5 years ago
TheDiabolicDebater
Demonstrate!
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
Should i explain what it is or demonstrate what it is?
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
Posted by kfonseca93 5 years ago
kfonseca93
what does that even mean...
TheDiabolicDebater
Waiting for this to be trolled.