tiarrakaye
Back-trail

Are same-sex couples as fit or capable of raising children as heterosexual couples are?

Back-trail

tiarrakaye

Pro

Various scientific studies show that children raised by same-sex couples are as psychologically healthy and well-adjusted in comparison to children raised by heterosexual couples. I personally believe that gender has no effect on a child's character, but I would like to hear thoughts from the public based off of this topic.
Back-trail

Con

I accept this debate going against children being raised by same-sex couples, believing that every child needs a mother and a father. I wish you good luck as we go into the next two rounds, and let the best man win.
tiarrakaye

Pro

tiarrakaye forfeited this round.
Back-trail

Con

I am here to state that homosexual parents are not capable of raising children. Children are better off with two biological parents. This already has been proven and is old news, yet it affects this debate in a way that proves homosexual parents are much worse for the children and they should not be their parents at all.

Some have assumed that the well being of a child is simply the presence of two parents, but instead the presence of two biological parents. There is father love and the mother's love in an offspring's' psychological well-being and health that affect the child a great amount. If one is missing, the child does not develop as well as he would with biological parents. When boys have caretakers of both sexes, they are less likely to engage in "women-devaluing activities and in self-aggrandizing, cruel, or overly competitive male cults."

The evidence you stated when the debate was started says that there is no effect on the child's character. Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin has created a study that proves this wrong. I will briefly state some flaws in the children's behavior that children of lesbian parents have:
1. They are 3 times more likely to be unemployed
2. They are 4 times more likely to be identified as something other than completely heterosexual
3. They are 3 times as likely to have had an affair while married or cohabiting
4. They are 4 times as likely to have been raped

This may not be a disadvantage, yet it shows that the homosexual parents don't tread their children well:
5. They are 10 times more likely to have been touched sexually by a parent or other caregiver
This is completely terrible and shows that homosexual parents are not fit and irresponsible in raising children.

Many have claimed that children are as likely to be gay with same-sex couples as well as heterosexual couples. The study has found this to not be true. Children of homosexual fathers are 3 times as likely to be identified as something other than heterosexual and 4 times for children of lesbian mothers. Daughters of lesbian mothers have 4 times as many female partners and daughters of homosexual fathers have 6 times as many than daughters of heterosexual parents. Sons of both lesbian mothers and homosexual fathers have 7 times as many male sexual partners than sons of heterosexual parents. This says that it has a very large impact on the child and the previous statements are wrong.

This concludes my statements for round 2 and I wish my competitor the best of luck for the last round.

http://www.cbsnews.com...
http://www.ctfamily.org...
http://factsaboutyouth.com...
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com...
http://www.frc.org...
tiarrakaye

Pro

tiarrakaye forfeited this round.
Back-trail

Con

I'm bored and my competitor hasn't said anything since the debate started, so I conclude this debate saying that same-sex couples are not as fit or capable of raising children as heterosexual couples are.
Posted by Jack2 4 years ago
Jack2
This is a great topic to debate but, I support your side:(
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
tiarrakayeBack-trailTied
Reasons for voting decision: I did not like reading this argument, but there's no room to support an FF.