Callen104
republicofdhar

Are same sex schools better for education

Callen104

Con

I think its ridiculous to have schools like that mainly because it doesn't help at all with social or educational purposes
republicofdhar

Pro

Thank you, Callen104 for instigating this debate. I am arguing for the motion that single-sex schools have educational value above and beyond that of coeducational schools.
Over the course of this debate, I will prove my opponent wrong, and establish the various educational and behavioral grounds for education in single-sex schools.

(a) Gender differences

The brains of boys and girls are believed to develop in different ways, leading to differences in learning styles and attitudes towards learning, by and large. Separating students based on gender enables teachers to cater their teaching to a more specific learning trajectory than they could do in a co-ed classroom. Anecdotal evidence also suggests that students in a co-ed classroom are easily distracted by the actions. All this goes to show that there is educational benefit in a single-sex learning environment.

(b) Avoidance of distractions

Teenage relationships are naturally more prevalent in co-ed schools than single-sex schools. This is a Pandora's box, not only for those in relationships, but for the others as well. The ups and downs of relationships can adversely affect a student's emotional state and hamper their performance. Furthermore, breakups often lead to the severance of friendships with many people, which promotes a segregated, exclusive and "cliquey" setting. This is neither productive nor conducive to learning.

(c) Females are protected from gender bias

A UCLA study conducted in 2009 uncovered stronger academic engagement, confidence, social and political activism and a more career-oriented mindset than their co-ed counterparts. Being in a single-sex educational environment thus enables female students to discover themselves and plot a trajectory for personal growth independent of the gender roles traditionally imposed by society.

I shall not belabour the point: I hope that by now I have established some educational and behavioural grounds to support the claim that single-sex schools are better than co-ed schools. I look forward to Callen104's response.
Callen104

Con

For starters thank you for replying to my debate but on my point to have gender equals schools would be a lot more stress financially. Not only is it going to be harder for transvestites to find a secure school but people that are just homosexual in general will not have as much as equality as the others who aren't. Also it helps kids socially with in there environment outside of school. School is here nowadays to help people get jobs in future in their life. But some people are socially awkward and have some kind of disorders sometimes to where they can't speak to other people of the opposite sex thus schools with mixed genders are a lot more compromisable. Also distraction wise, men are anatomically built wiyh the need to see women in order to get aroused but without women there is going to be more rough housing and more need to have sex. Also it actually increases the amount of rough housing because men need to feel more dominant within an area men are anatomically built to be dominated they have to be in charge of one another as to women they feel as if they don't have to be in charge but they have to be better. Think about where money would have to go where is have to come from people would have to pay for schools that hardly can accept their child for who they are what's in that area there are some classes also. Will not be able to be taken speech for instance helps you learn how to speak publicly but without the full effect of having both male and female bystanders you're not going to be able to fully comprehend what speaking publicly feels like . Also people feel as if if someone is different they need to be addressed but within a public setting within same sex schools it is a lot easier for people to find someone like them but within same sex schools it's a lot harder because of the simple fact people feel that if someone else is slightly different then there's going to be a problem. Men have to assert their dominance through violence now with in multiple sex schools men's dominance is already made within their spouse but if there is strictly men then it is a lot easier for people to get to the point where they have to be on top. Also teen pregnancy will go higher because women do not have the same amount of time with men as they wish vice a versa. Thank you for accepting my argument again and I hope that suaded to my side within the next 24 hours thank you for listening
republicofdhar

Pro

republicofdhar forfeited this round.
Callen104

Con

Callen104 forfeited this round.
republicofdhar

Pro

republicofdhar forfeited this round.
Posted by stoneddragon420 1 year ago
stoneddragon420
I moved from a mixed school to a same sex school .. The education was the same but the environment was different and put me into depression. My work ethic dropped because of this