DebaterOfTheMonth
Mariodude34500

Are schools getting better, or worse?

DebaterOfTheMonth

Pro

Schools are becoming so much better!, I remember back when I was a kid, we used to get yelled at non stop, it was boring and gloomy in our schools. It was basically no fun!, All kids deserve to have fun, right? Today, schools are full of color and great teachers with great activity's. We may have our bad teachers here and there but it's still lots of fun. The technology in schools today are amazing. My kids are always bringing home stories of how they got their own personal computers to do online math games, videos, and Microsoft applications. What do you think; do you think schools are getting better or worse?
Mariodude34500

Con

yes I think schools are much worse. Satisfaction with school has gone down. Spending on school has risen and test scores have flat lined. I'm actually in school right now and everyone I know hates it. Plus none of us really learn anything and I learn more in 5 minutes on google then 5 days in school.
DebaterOfTheMonth

Pro

I know that some people really feel a dislike towards school. But I feel that's mostly because they're bad at it. Were taking this from an educational perspective, schools now have laptops that students can use, they have the usage of great reading resources such as Kindle Fire, or MyOnlineTextBook. These significant improvements to school are definitely much more satisfying. I don't know about you, but I'd rather sit in a classroom with laptops, colors, and a whiteboard. Rather than sitting in a gloomy classroom with a screechy chalk board, and textbooks.
Mariodude34500

Con

A dislike toward school? School has driven to depression and you wouldn't understand that. Because you'd actually have to be in my head to understand. As for your argument. All the tech in the world doesn't change the fact that school is a prison and you have less rights in school now then you did 20 years ago. And like I already said more spending for worst test scores, and the teachers are lower quality they have done studies on that.
DebaterOfTheMonth

Pro

All the tech in the world doesn't change the fact that school is a prison and you have less rights in school now then you did 20 years ago. "
Really? Because I'm pretty positive schools are not "prisons" at all. It's a place for you to learn and have fun. 20 years ago we had less rights there then we did now. It's a requirement to go to school, so it's best to make the most of it.

"Because you'd actually have to be in my head to understand."
That's not even related or substantial to this argument.

"And like I already said more spending for worst test scores, and the teachers are lower quality they have done studies on that."
If you actually spend time trying to learn and do it at home, you wont get bad test scores at all. If your teachers are lower quality, find a way to work around them. If you cant work around them, bring up the topic with your parents and I'm sure they can figure something out. Ranting about how horrible your education life is wont solve anything. You could spend some time on Google or even staying after class to touch up on things.

Please answer this questions, I'm very interested to see what you will post. Also post your final debate.
Mariodude34500

Con

Yeah your right that didn't have anything to do with it I just needed to vent sorry about that. Let me look at your arguments.

Yes I do believe schools are prisons. You can't leave and are punished if you do they have security guards for the kids and a environment where all that matters is obeying the authority and that is what is taught in school above all else.

Yes again you have less rights in school then you did 20 years ago. You didn't get suspended for expressing opinions during lunch or for sleeping in class or using the bathroom when you where told not to, or for climbing a fence when you are outside on a football field or not doing work for one period I have been suspend for all of those within one semester.

Working at home is fine but it doesn't change the fact that schools are worse. You can work around worse teachers but that doesn't change that the teachers are worse.
Posted by NNEye 2 years ago
NNEye
Anecdotes are not a way to determine an average. Look at the average.