King_Bacon_1_my_butt
SolomonMcMan

Are tacos and burritos the same thing?

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

King_Bacon_1_my_butt

Pro

I say that Tacos and Burritos are the same thing in their essence. They both have shells and are both filled with various fillings and condiments. When one eats either or they still experience the same delicious Mexican flavor. Both can be covered with sour cream and they are both held in your hands when eaten. Basically the same thing.
SolomonMcMan

Con

Well tacos and burritos are somewhat similar in essence they are not the same thing they have filling where a taco has meat, tomatoes, taco sauce or salsa and lettuce and tomatoes and cheeses sometimes. A burrito has the meat cheese and BEANS a taco never has beans and while a burrito can have other similar components the beans really set them apart and the fact that tacos have the sauce or salsa is a big difference too so if you want to say things like that then say that chicken patties are the same as cheeseburgers or hamburgers. Also tacos can utilize a hard and soft shell where burritos are made on a wrap. Also have you ever heard of a breakfast taco? No, I didn't think so.
King_Bacon_1_my_butt

Pro

Tacos and burritos are different in their ingredients yes, but who's to say you cant put beans on a taco, or tomatoes in a burrito? No one that's who. And personally I have done both of those things and I can tell you it works. They both have a list of things you can put on them, and they are strikingly similar. Coincidence? I think not. We can only assume that when the first person to made one, that someone based the other off of the original. Why else would they be so similar? In that case it makes sense that the taco has more forms, because its been around longer than the burrito so they found different ways to make it that worked. Burritos are just younger soft tacos with more beans and meat in them, all the while lacking some of the combos that the taco can pull off.
SolomonMcMan

Con

SolomonMcMan forfeited this round.
Posted by LittleGnomeChomsky 2 years ago
LittleGnomeChomsky
Ridiculous debate there is a very obvious difference, how they are constructed. In a burrito the filling is wrapped by a tortilla and in a taco it is folded in one. I don't know what a fajita is though