courtneyfries2
sallyhiggins00

Are tanning beds safe?

courtneyfries2

Con

What is the difference between a sunburn and a sun tan? The answer is simple, the isn't a difference. UVB rays re responsible for burning your skin, which is why there is no difference between a tan and burn because either way you are exposing yourself to harmful radiation. Most tanning bed companies will tell you that tanning beds have 40% less UVB radiation then the sun. although this might be true, this doesn't set aside any of the serious health risks you may be taking. there is still a risk of serious skin cancer also a link to other diseases according to studies. What are you thoughts and stands? Share.
sallyhiggins00

Pro

A tan, whether you get it from a bed or on the beach is not good. Tans are harmful because of UV radiation. UV radiation can come from the sun or tanning beds. This can lead to wrinkles, skin cancer, etc. If you do get a tan, the best way to get it is by the sun. The sun doesn't give off as much radiation as tanning beds.
courtneyfries2

Con

Tanning is used too much in young teens. This causes premature wrinkles and proceed to getting diseases. I think that getting the words out about these dangers will really change the way our generation looks at tanning. I wish everyone could find a different way of showing there beauty other than burning there skin for that "natural glow".
sallyhiggins00

Pro

sallyhiggins00 forfeited this round.
courtneyfries2

Con

courtneyfries2 forfeited this round.
sallyhiggins00

Pro

sallyhiggins00 forfeited this round.
Posted by Berend 3 years ago
Berend
I wish I got to this first as I could give you a debate. It seems that you too are actually agreeing.