MrMosin
JimmyDeanSausageLover

Are taxes theft?

MrMosin

MrMosin

Con

I believe that taxes, unless agreed to without duress by all parties involved, are theft by definition.
JimmyDeanSausageLover

Pro

Taxes are obviously not theft you are just stupid. We pay our fair share to live in this glorious country of America and they have the right to make us pay to live in our glorious country so they can spend it on things to make it even more glorious obviously.

Do you even pay your taxes LOL
MrMosin

Con

Alright. You already used ad hominem so this looks like a great debate.

Taxes are theft because theft is taking someones property without their consent. Plain and simple. I am forced to pay these taxes because men with guns will come to my house and imprison me if I don't.
JimmyDeanSausageLover

Pro

You don't seem to get the point here buddy LMAO

We live in the glorious country and it is glorious because everyone else pays taxes to make everything nice and without taxes we would probably be living in a land like where the Arabia with all of those damn sand niggers...
The money collect from taxes is used for reparing building and roads which makes the conditioner we live in nice...
People that dont pay their taxes like you are the kind of people that think we should let sand niggers and illegals into our country haha
MrMosin

Con

Alright. I can't debate you since you refuse to stop the ad hominem and the overuse of profanity.
JimmyDeanSausageLover

Pro

LOL yes, you're just giving up because you have clearly lost here.

HAHA you can't take a bit of profanity what are you a kid?
Posted by SkySky16 1 year ago
SkySky16
Does nobody understand the social contract?
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
@Jim shady. Even though Pro didn't use a single comma, you're technically not allowed to penalise him for that. It's only if the spelling and grammar make his argument unreadable.
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
If you want to live without a government, no one will stop you. Just f**k off into the woods and build a house.
Posted by PhilosophicalUmbreon 1 year ago
PhilosophicalUmbreon
You're assuming that governments have the right to exist. As individuals, one could argue, that land belongs to whoever wants to attain it. Our decision to to work is ours. And, the wages we earn is ours and ours alone. If governments did not have the right to exist then yes it can be argued that taxation is theft.
Posted by jonathonave 1 year ago
jonathonave
Before you guys post arguments in a third round, please research and understand Social Contract theory.
Posted by Arimfexendrapuse 1 year ago
Arimfexendrapuse
oh....my....god! the basic concept of taxes is you pay for the services the country provides. its like checking into a hotel. its their land, their property, and you pay to use its services, and if you don't like it, you leave. by living in this country, you consent paying your fair share, and if you don't like it, the democratic system in place lets you chose a leader to pick your taxes. this is actually the other way around from what you are saying. not paying taxes is like staying in a five star resort for a year, and then refusing to pay the cost. that's stealing.
Vote Placed by JimShady 1 year ago
JimShady
MrMosinJimmyDeanSausageLoverTied
Reasons for voting decision: Although I agreed and still agree with the pro, to me MrMosin wins this debate for a few reasons. First off, Con gets S.G because Pro has run-on sentences and lacks some punctuation. Con also receives conduct points because of Pro's assertiveness. Sources were not used, and Con to me had better arguments, explaining the definition of theft. Pro just repeats why taxes are necessary. He does not really answer if they are theft or not. So, MrMosin wins in my opinion.